Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal attractiveness page 9

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    we aren't dogs without social structures, feminism and the media routinely vilify what you're describing as an "alpha male". brainwashing exists, and as human beings are domesticated and suckers for social status, the need for "being normal" outweighs whatever biological desire exists to go for the stronger, more dominant male.

you can see this is as rich and successful males are routinely sacked by women in the courts for paternity, divorce, false abuse allegations, etc;

fortunately i hate social structure and society as a whole, and deviations always exist. status lumberjacks piss me off.
    nihil

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    It's a recipe for disaster. Men are also far more likely to become alcoholics, drug abusers and take their own life. Their lifespan is eight years shorter then men.

If anything, I think women are far more discipline. But the key point here is that refusing to access or acknowledge your emotions is not discipline.
    Are you a woman? Because that's exactly what a woman would say. Men have done the majority of achieving in written history. Call it patriarchy, but I bet they would have achieved almost as much even if it was a matriarchy. The reason is that men have something deep down that drives them to reach their potential. Women have this for at least one thing, childbirth, but they have no need or reason to use it for much beyond that.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    No. They'd go 'damn, that's a guy who's good at sports'. That's not synonymous. Sometimes they overlap, but typically not.

For example, there's a sports genius in my school. He's huge, once caught a wild rabbit with his bare hands, and look like he could probably wrestle a boar and come out victorious.

THAT'S a guy who is good at sports. Does he attract girls? Yes. Is he alpha material? No, not even close. He just doesn't have the personality. An 'alpha' is not the guy who is just the strongest or the fastest, but the one with the best leadership skills. For example, a tribe leader would have to know the migration pattern of wild animals and excel at herbiology in order to feed the pack. He need to take the tribe into areas that offer resources that might not be available elsewhere, such as flint, salt or other minerals. He must know the tell-tale of nearby predators or prey animals. But above all, he (or she for that matter) need to have good communication skills, be very good at cooperation and organization, have the confidence to lead, and be wise enough to not do any stupid mistakes.

Besides, it doesn't make sense that the alpha would be the strongest guy there was. That meant he'd have to go to battle and defend the tribe every time something clashed... and the tribe would risk losing a key person and become disorganized, which would be crappy as hell.
    This is absolute bull. A guy who absolutely dominates at sports will get tons of looks from women because he is seen as a superior being. Alpha, to me, is made up of many different attributes. One way to be alpha, the leader, the one no one fucks with, is to be the fastest and strongest. Not all situations are created equal. Alpha can be made up of varying mental and physical powers.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    OK, this is just repression... I am the QUEEN of this. I can stuff anything inside and I can tell you it is not a recipe for power. It's a necessity at times, but you end up not dealing with core issues. It does not make you a powerful person. It does make you perhaps more reliable and stable. Women are GREAT at this. Many are. Do you know how many women have history of abuse that can lock all that inside?

I don't think it has anything to do with sex, and everything to do with how you are raised. My mother has a poker face. I heard her cry for the first time last month about my dad who is dying in a nursing home. Close to 40 years, never heard my mom cry. Not for joy, not for sorrow. She keeps her emotions locked down and taught us all to do the same.

The ability to let go, at the right time is actually the more powerful tool.
    There's a difference between repression with no goal and repression with a goal. It is those who are able to use these negative emotions as motivation that do great things. They lock it down in a box; they harness those desires, and no one is more dangerous or stronger at that point.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-16-2013 at 01:22 PM.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    There's a difference between repression with no goal and repression with a goal. It is those who are able to use these negative emotions as motivation that do great things. They lock it down in a box; they harness those desires, and no one is more dangerous or stronger at that point.
    I agree.... women can also use them as motivation as well as men. But my mom is a GREAT example of a woman who contained emotions and pushed through. It has gotten her far in life, but I think also maybe limited her. But I know the stereotype is helpless woman, crying. Or the raging bitch. Or any number of stereotypes, but there are plenty that have the "suck it up" cupcake down and are hard as nails. Like anything there is a balance you need to maintain between expressing yourself and not.

Interestingly, I think the sexes differ in the emotions they will express. I contain anger,dorrow, disappointment and sadly, joy to a strong degree. But I am very open to expressing fear (for example, "I am afraid to drive on ice".). I think men don't let you know about fear, but are fine about expressing anger.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    This is absolute bull. A guy who absolutely dominates at sports will get tons of looks from women because he is seen as a superior being. Alpha, to me, is made up of many different attributes. One way to be alpha, the leader, the one no one fucks with, is to be the fastest and strongest. Not all situations are created equal. Alpha can be made up of varying mental and physical powers.
    The one no one fucks with? Dude, that's not being the leader. That's being a jerk. People don't like jerks, and all that would be needed to throw him down would be to collect a few other big blokes with axes and gang up on 'em. There's a reason wy dictatorships are going down, seriously.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    The one no one fucks with? Dude, that's not being the leader. That's being a jerk. People don't like jerks, and all that would be needed to throw him down would be to collect a few other big blokes with axes and gang up on 'em. There's a reason wy dictatorships are going down, seriously.
    Who's to say he doesn't have a bunch of blokes too? "Being a leader" is not QUITE what it means to be an alpha. This is why I prefer the term 'alpha'; it is all encompassing. Being alpha is a status, an interpretation of your power. You are seen as the most or one of the most powerful for whatever group you're talking about. In a business setting, the 5'6" guy with genius political powers will tower over a 6'5" guy that can't think straight. In a dark alley setting, the 6'5" guy obviously towers over the 5'6" guy. It's a matter of situation, and human evolution did not occur in a single kind of situation.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-16-2013 at 04:03 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I agree.... women can also use them as motivation as well as men. But my mom is a GREAT example of a woman who contained emotions and pushed through. It has gotten her far in life, but I think also maybe limited her. But I know the stereotype is helpless woman, crying. Or the raging bitch. Or any number of stereotypes, but there are plenty that have the "suck it up" cupcake down and are hard as nails. Like anything there is a balance you need to maintain between expressing yourself and not.

Interestingly, I think the sexes differ in the emotions they will express. I contain anger,dorrow, disappointment and sadly, joy to a strong degree. But I am very open to expressing fear (for example, "I am afraid to drive on ice".). I think men don't let you know about fear, but are fine about expressing anger.
    Instead of thinking of it as emotional, I'll put it another way. Women operate on a more basic level than men do. You have your physical needs, your social needs, and then your intellectual needs. That's Maslow's hierarchy.

Here's an example: in choosing mates, I believe women are more shallow than men are. (Disclaimer: if you're a woman in your late 30's or 40's, you're not choosing a 'mate'. Your period of fertility is almost over, so you're just choosing a friend that you may or may not suck money and resources from while having sex on occasion.) Women innately want genetic superiority for their children (typically using an existing hierarchy with alpha being at the top and preferable), while men innately want someone nice and sweet (research has proven men like smiles and happiness the most of all traits in women, while women like smiling and happy men far less than brooding, silent, even angry type) likely because they don't want a woman who will use her power to strip him of resources excessively and they just want to have a good time too.

So being more emotional, to me, is a less descriptive way of saying the women focus more priority on those initial needs: the food (how many women vs men are foodies?), the friendships and gossip of their circle, raising the babies. Meanwhile, men are more concerned with being creative enough, competent enough, and powerful enough to woo future mates. Men go out and do things to get females, while the females let the men come to them. Which do you think is going to be the recipe for success?

You could say men still desire the same amount of those lower level needs, but the difference is that they have to go higher in order to get them. They have to reach creativity, competence, and power in order to have sex. Women have to say....I'm ready. The act of sex happens because our genes want to reproduce themselves. Reproduction has a higher level of priority than even living or dying because all organisms die at some point. The number one goal of the organism is to reproduce so it did not die in vain. So, the fact that men are motivated to be creative, competent, and powerful in the name of reproduction is as great of a motivation as a person can have. The only time women experience the same level of motivation is if their kin is in danger. That motherly protectionary instinct kicks in because, again, there's no greater genetic priority than ensuring genes are sent into the future.

This 'protection' instinct is of the same order as the men's instincts, but men are called to meet those demands every day. They have to continually produce things technologically and artistically while gaining great wisdom of the world and maintaining physical dominance in order for women to see them as alpha characters and thus, a person they want to fuck. The women's experience of this instinct would never or rarely draw them to do anything technological, creative, experience-oriented, or even physical fitness-oriented. This is why men attain success more than women do.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-16-2013 at 04:12 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    For a serious cliff notes to my previous post: women don't figure crap out because they don't have to.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    For a serious cliff notes to my previous post: women don't figure crap out because they don't have to.
    .... Wow. LOL.

I don't know what world you live in. I don't even think i want to know.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast