Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal attractiveness page 8

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I really dont think thats it wilton
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    For instance , "Women are more emotional than men" does not mean every single woman is more emotional than every single man. It just means that if you averaged all women out and all men out, women would be more emotional on average.
    Every dude I've ever known has been very emotional, but most of them didn't TALK ABOUT their emotions; big difference from not having emotions. Are you saying that men don't generally experience sadness, happiness, depression, or anger? Watch just about any movie ever to see plenty examples of enraged guys swearing and getting in fights, getting annoyed and insulting someone, or telling jokes and laughing. These are all examples of emotions. Hell, even Rambo had a post-traumatic stress breakdown and practically broke into tears in First Blood when he realized he couldn't transition back into civilian life.

I don't think women experience more emotions than men. They just tend to talk about their emotions more because it's socially acceptable for them to while it isn't for men.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Every dude I've ever known has been very emotional, but most of them didn't TALK ABOUT their emotions; big difference from not having emotions. Are you saying that men don't generally experience sadness, happiness, depression, or anger? Watch just about any movie ever to see plenty examples of enraged guys swearing and getting in fights, getting annoyed and insulting someone, or telling jokes and laughing. These are all examples of emotions. Hell, even Rambo had a post-traumatic stress breakdown and practically broke into tears in First Blood when he realized he couldn't transition back into civilian life.

I don't think women experience more emotions than men. They just tend to talk about their emotions more because it's socially acceptable for them to while it isn't for men.
    I see it has men having the ability to control their emotions. Taking anger, frustration, sadness, depression, even your sex-drive and locking them in a box can be powerful. This is the very core of producing a powerful person. Becoming self-actualized, in other words achieving your own human potential, requires discipline. The only time I've witnessed women exhibit such discipline is in the caring of their children. SOME women are capable of achieving to a high level, but even the best generally suffer due to their greater need for companionship. Success requires lots of practice and focus, which means you have less to spend on friends, family, and significant others. Women are less willing to give the later up, and that's one of the many reasons their biology limits their discipline in the very long run.

There's nothing wrong with this, and I don't think any woman should still be considered weak who proves herself better than another man. These are just the trends I see in human life, and at the very end of the day, there are few outliers. Hell, my grandma was one of the very first women to get a chemistry degree from U of Pitt back in the 40's. She became a rocket scientist after, met another rocket scientist to whom she married, and even she quit her job so she could raise a family.

wiltondeportes Guest
    For the record, I think feminism is basically good.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I see it has men having the ability to control their emotions. Taking anger, frustration, sadness, depression, even your sex-drive and locking them in a box can be powerful. This is the very core of producing a powerful person. Becoming self-actualized, in other words achieving your own human potential, requires discipline.
    OK, this is just repression... I am the QUEEN of this. I can stuff anything inside and I can tell you it is not a recipe for power. It's a necessity at times, but you end up not dealing with core issues. It does not make you a powerful person. It does make you perhaps more reliable and stable. Women are GREAT at this. Many are. Do you know how many women have history of abuse that can lock all that inside?

I don't think it has anything to do with sex, and everything to do with how you are raised. My mother has a poker face. I heard her cry for the first time last month about my dad who is dying in a nursing home. Close to 40 years, never heard my mom cry. Not for joy, not for sorrow. She keeps her emotions locked down and taught us all to do the same.

The ability to let go, at the right time is actually the more powerful tool.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    OK, this is just repression... I am the QUEEN of this. I can stuff anything inside and I can tell you it is not a recipe for power. It's a necessity at times, but you end up not dealing with core issues. It does not make you a powerful person.
    Yip, and when people repress they tend to project (ie. pin their emotions on other people, or behave in a way that provokes that emotional response in another person).
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Back to the OP - Mark's abs scare me. I prefer the lean, wirey muscle look on men.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Any girl watching would be like....damn, that's an alpha.
    No. They'd go 'damn, that's a guy who's good at sports'. That's not synonymous. Sometimes they overlap, but typically not.

For example, there's a sports genius in my school. He's huge, once caught a wild rabbit with his bare hands, and look like he could probably wrestle a boar and come out victorious.

THAT'S a guy who is good at sports. Does he attract girls? Yes. Is he alpha material? No, not even close. He just doesn't have the personality. An 'alpha' is not the guy who is just the strongest or the fastest, but the one with the best leadership skills. For example, a tribe leader would have to know the migration pattern of wild animals and excel at herbiology in order to feed the pack. He need to take the tribe into areas that offer resources that might not be available elsewhere, such as flint, salt or other minerals. He must know the tell-tale of nearby predators or prey animals. But above all, he (or she for that matter) need to have good communication skills, be very good at cooperation and organization, have the confidence to lead, and be wise enough to not do any stupid mistakes.

Besides, it doesn't make sense that the alpha would be the strongest guy there was. That meant he'd have to go to battle and defend the tribe every time something clashed... and the tribe would risk losing a key person and become disorganized, which would be crappy as hell.

iconoclast79 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    OK, this is just repression... I am the QUEEN of this. I can stuff anything inside and I can tell you it is not a recipe for power. It's a necessity at times, but you end up not dealing with core issues. It does not make you a powerful person. It does make you perhaps more reliable and stable. Women are GREAT at this. Many are. Do you know how many women have history of abuse that can lock all that inside?

I don't think it has anything to do with sex, and everything to do with how you are raised. My mother has a poker face. I heard her cry for the first time last month about my dad who is dying in a nursing home. Close to 40 years, never heard my mom cry. Not for joy, not for sorrow. She keeps her emotions locked down and taught us all to do the same.

The ability to let go, at the right time is actually the more powerful tool.
    Magnolia- Totally in accordance with you again!

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I see it has men having the ability to control their emotions. Taking anger, frustration, sadness, depression, even your sex-drive and locking them in a box can be powerful. This is the very core of producing a powerful person. Becoming self-actualized, in other words achieving your own human potential, requires discipline.
    It's a recipe for disaster. Men are also far more likely to become alcoholics, drug abusers and take their own life. Their lifespan is eight years shorter then men.

If anything, I think women are far more discipline. But the key point here is that refusing to access or acknowledge your emotions is not discipline.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast