Thread: Primal attractiveness page 13

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I'd define it as gaining wisdom.
    Wisdom in what areas?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Here you go.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Here you go.
    Nothing new...

Do you really think it is my ego, which is rejecting your advice because I have to be perfect (especially in your eyes), or could it be your ego, which must offer advice so as to feel superior and all knowledgeable?

There's nothing like a daring and open-minded young individual to inflame the egos of the elders.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-19-2013 at 05:41 PM.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Nothing new...

Do you really think it is my ego, which is rejecting your advice because I have to be perfect (especially in your eyes), or could it be your ego, which must offer advice so as to feel superior and all knowledgeable?

There's nothing like a daring and open-minded young individual to inflame the egos of the elders.
    At least not here in this thread, there isn't. Nothing at all like one.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Wisdom in what areas?
    Since I'm on Jung kick:

Jung theorized that people had two personality parts: an anima and an animus. The anima was the "female" and animus "male" (as society as defined female and male). A better way of expressing anima and animus would be venus and mars.

Males are often shamed out of their anima, often by other men, often by women. They are then cut off from an essential side of themselves. Divorced from their own emotions and even their own body, the lash out and shame the anima everywhere they see it. It leads to homophobia and misogyny. It also leads to alcoholism, violence and suicide.

Since the anima is the font of creativity and eroticism, the anima-deprived male infuses an overdose of animus into every area of life. He seeks to control. He may "produce" at a high level, but often that production is in reality just control (think of being a Junk Bond king instead of Steve Jobs-type creator) in love he may be Don Juan, who doesn't enjoy any of his trists, but gets satisfaction from the feeling of control it gives him.

In Star Wars, Luke frees his twin sister Leia, his anima from the control of his Imperialistic father Darth Vader. In turning to the dark side Vader used control to replace the emotions he felt about the loss of his mother. He grew increasingly detached from his body, as it became to be replaced by machinery.

Luke was sent into a dark cave, a kind of rite of passage, to confront Vader and see in himself this out-of-control animus. The first trilogy is resolved when Luke acknowledges that Leia is his sister and turns his father away from the dark control of the unbounded animus (the Emperor), who is cast into a bottomless pit.

I don't think any of this means you have to start weaing fuzzy sweaters and getting all touchy-feely. That can get pretty sickening an anybody. Box, watch footbal, drink and belch. Be a dude. Just understand that it's not all that you are.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Do you really think it is my ego
    Yes. Like, really yes.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    wilton, as a stodgy elder you've opened my nonopened mind

i see things in a new light

because you.. you dared
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    wilton, as a stodgy elder you've opened my nonopened mind

i see things in a new light

because you.. you dared
    My overly developed sacrasm meter is alarming furiously..... lol

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213