Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129

Thread: Primal attractiveness page 12

  1. #111
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    "Getting"?
    You have to flesh all of these details out when you're dealing with dualities. If you're not specific, people will argue all day with one side's argument not truly even contradicting the other.

    It's like someone says "I like cow"
    Someone goes: "milk is bad for you!"
    Another says: "but beef has tons of nutrients!"
    Another says: "cows smell horrible"
    Another says: "they're very sweet to me when I pet them"
    Another says: "I love bullriding at the rodeo"
    Another says: "my family has raised cows for 4 generations now, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon"
    Another says: "cows contribute to too much carbon waste in the air from their flatulence"
    Another says: "if you ferment their dairy, it's healthy and tasty"
    Another says: "I read their hormones can be absorbed by humans, so it's bad in all forms"
    Another says: "but the high quality fat is still great"
    Another says: "milk is really good after a workout because it raises insulin which sends nutrients to the muscles"
    Another says: "but milk makes your teeth rot"
    Another says: "my experiences with cows have been that they're always ornery"
    Another says: "they mow my fields for me, so I like them"
    Another says: "I feel bad for all the factory farmed cows, so I don't support those companies"

    Where exactly have you gotten with this argument??? Language is a huge limiter of conversation if one is not careful.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-18-2013 at 04:05 PM.

  2. #112
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    To the newcomers to the OP's point, I still say a healthy male does not care about how a female looks. As long as she is reasonably healthy, he will mount her. This choicey look at female looks has more to do with a culture obsessed with monogamy and making money off female insecurities.

    It's the female who will care about how the male looks because that's one factor in determining the genetic makeup which she is choosing for her kids. The male's genetic continuity is virtually inexhaustible in a primitive setting (the one our brains are most evolved and geared to) because he can have as many wives as he's able to achieve, basically.

    In a monogamous setting, the male has to consider which female he will choose to best continue his genes. This is because he is now investing in just one egg basket (literally). This is not a natural choice for him, so he's less evolved to make that decision.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-18-2013 at 04:12 PM.

  3. #113
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,189
    You're such a romantic wilton.

    I don't know how old you are, but you come across as fairly young in your posts, and certain that you know much more than everyone else.

    In a primitive setting men didn't even know that they were fathers. At the end of the day, it only really matters if you consider your children or your partner to be your property.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 03-18-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  4. #114
    Reindeer's Avatar
    Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    In a monogamous setting, the male has to consider which female he will choose to best continue his genes. This is because he is now investing in just one egg basket (literally). This is not a natural choice for him, so he's less evolved to make that decision.
    From an evolutionary standpoint he'd have a better chance staying with his kids and making sure they don't die like flies... or that the female kill it off for that matter, which was probably not such an unlikely outcome if she didn't have the necessary support to rear it.

    There's also the fact that there's a limited amount of women in a tribal setting. Women gossip for a reason you know - if a man becomes a dad and ditch his offspring, his chances with the ladies have subsequently diminished. Not to mention that he might as well get everybody against him if he knock up their daughters and sisters without taking on the expected responsibility. Just saying, today people can just disappear in the crowd of cities and never have to meet again, but that wasn't quite as easy when you needed the support of a tribe in order to survive. Just switching tribes would've been a risky affair, too.

    It's not that you are entirely wrong in everything you say - it's just that it's all a wholly lot more complicated than the point you are trying to prove. For serious.

  5. #115
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You're such a romantic wilton.

    I don't know how old you are, but you come across as fairly young in your posts, and certain that you know much more than everyone else.

    In a primitive setting men didn't even know that they were fathers. At the end of the day, it only really matters if you consider your children or your partner to be your property.
    Romance is defined as breaking a rule and going your own way (as Romeo and Juliet loved despite their warring families), so I'll take that as a compliment. Every man fears the day he loses that energy and dangerousness to do so. I'd much rather stay young and romantic (even though you said it jest) and dangerous! And get wiser.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-18-2013 at 11:12 PM.

  6. #116
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    From an evolutionary standpoint he'd have a better chance staying with his kids and making sure they don't die like flies... or that the female kill it off for that matter, which was probably not such an unlikely outcome if she didn't have the necessary support to rear it.

    There's also the fact that there's a limited amount of women in a tribal setting. Women gossip for a reason you know - if a man becomes a dad and ditch his offspring, his chances with the ladies have subsequently diminished. Not to mention that he might as well get everybody against him if he knock up their daughters and sisters without taking on the expected responsibility. Just saying, today people can just disappear in the crowd of cities and never have to meet again, but that wasn't quite as easy when you needed the support of a tribe in order to survive. Just switching tribes would've been a risky affair, too.

    It's not that you are entirely wrong in everything you say - it's just that it's all a wholly lot more complicated than the point you are trying to prove. For serious.
    Well, I've read a decent amount about the tribal lifestyle. The consensus is that parents do not raise kids. The whole tribe raises the kids. Since they don't have our concept of property, everyone is going to get the same food and health care too.

    -There were no deadbeat dads because there is nowhere to go for the father, and the whole tribe is supporting that mother anyways.
    -There's also no need to make sure your kid doesn't die like a fly. If the kid is weak and frail, the father can't do much anyways.
    -I don't see kids being killed very frequently. They didn't have abortion, so you're telling me a woman is going to live 9 months with this parasite and eat all the extra food and invest all the extra time in order for her and the baby to stay healthy....and then just cast it aside without a legitimate cause? My understanding is that pregnancy is extremely exhausting, and women get attached to their babies on top of that. There are some examples of infanticide in tribes, but that was a rare cultural thing found in a few places. Furthermore, take into account the infant mortality rate in a tribal setting. It's so high that any excessive infanticide would surely mean the end of your tribe.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-18-2013 at 11:24 PM.

  7. #117
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    No one ever lived in the wild...shamans maybe. People huddled together so close that we didn't have our own beds until the 20th century.

    You don't have to be some independent thinking, critical analysis existential philosopher to stand watch, to fetch berries or water, to put up shelters the way your granny showed you her granny showed her. Human population dynamics include very few people that you would probably call human.
    When I said wild, I was referring to tribal living. When I say sheepdog, I refer to responsibility of self, ethical responsibility of others, and non-ignorant awareness of the world, not anything requiring complex thought (although that COULD be something a sheepdog does).

  8. #118
    Primal Moose's Avatar
    Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brentwood
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    But... but... what if I want to be a moose? :< I think moose are much cooler than sheep. Are you discriminating against the moose?! > That's racist!

    Pal, I'm sorry to say this but you sound like your main parental figure in life was a book about the Game. I really don't mind you living in that world if you so like it. But please don't take it to the world of personal insults with people you don't know. This discussion is heading into the realm of the distasteful.
    Reindeer, you have my permission to be a moose.

    Wilton, grow up. Get the hell out of your head and experience the world. There's more to the world than what you read in a book (and this is coming from a literature major).

  9. #119
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    Reindeer, you have my permission to be a moose.

    Wilton, grow up. Get the hell out of your head and experience the world. There's more to the world than what you read in a book (and this is coming from a literature major).
    What is growing up? Is it learning of ethics? Learning of how the world works? Please define so we can discuss.

  10. #120
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,189
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd define it as gaining wisdom.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •