Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal attractiveness page 10

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    .... Wow. LOL.

I don't know what world you live in. I don't even think i want to know.
    We are all kings or pawns.

We are all sheepdogs, wolves, or sheep.

Apparently you choose to be a pawn and a sheep.

suzyq is offline Junior Member
    LOL Wow, I don't know what woman screwed you over but seriously get over it. You shouldn't make generalization on an entire gender based on a few of them. I have known plenty of men that were complete bastards but I don't blame all men for them being wastes of human beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    For a serious cliff notes to my previous post: women don't figure crap out because they don't have to.
    Last edited by suzyq; 03-16-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling fail

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    We are all kings or pawns.

We are all sheepdogs, wolves, or sheep.

Apparently you choose to be a pawn and a sheep.
    But... but... what if I want to be a moose? :< I think moose are much cooler than sheep. Are you discriminating against the moose?! > That's racist!

Pal, I'm sorry to say this but you sound like your main parental figure in life was a book about the Game. I really don't mind you living in that world if you so like it. But please don't take it to the world of personal insults with people you don't know. This discussion is heading into the realm of the distasteful.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The women's experience of this instinct would never or rarely draw them to do anything technological, creative, experience-oriented, or even physical fitness-oriented. This is why men attain success more than women do.
    ? Are you serious? Now that women have been offered the opportunity,they are excelling in creative and technological fields. Sure they may not compete directly with men athletically, but many women also seek achievement in that endeavour.

I think this is the first era historically where 1. women don't have to have children, and 2. we can outsource child care which means this is the first time women have been able to shape their own lives, and they are electing to be capable at it. I realize that men are at the top in many fields, but women are nipping at their heels in many fields.

I figure crap out all the damn time. I problem solve and troubleshoot in a male dominated field. I fix their mistakes, LMAO.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I figure crap out all the damn time. I problem solve and troubleshoot in a male dominated field. I fix their mistakes, LMAO.
    I used to have a job where I spent a lot of the time at the copy machine. I ended up training a few male PhDs to use the advanced features of the copy machine, like two-sided or collation.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    This discussion is heading into the realm of the distasteful.
    Heading there? I think the bus arrived at the terminal somewhere around page 5.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Heading there? I think the bus arrived at the terminal somewhere around page 5.
    That was more airing of personal opinions. While many were IMO horribly limited and misaligned, that doesn't bother me as much as it probably should. People are entitled to personal opinions. For example, my personal opinion is that mr. Alpha complex have managed to come across as a major jerk, but it's within his right to be one if he so wishes. If nothing else it made for an interesting discussion.

However, it's not within his right to make personal insults which is where we are currently heading. Don't even go there.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    ? Are you serious? Now that women have been offered the opportunity,they are excelling in creative and technological fields. Sure they may not compete directly with men athletically, but many women also seek achievement in that endeavour.

I think this is the first era historically where 1. women don't have to have children, and 2. we can outsource child care which means this is the first time women have been able to shape their own lives, and they are electing to be capable at it. I realize that men are at the top in many fields, but women are nipping at their heels in many fields.

You are talking about a change though. From primeval to early agricultural to early urban to early industrial to modern urban... The quantity of the population was a limited number such that each person must use their skills most efficiently for the entire group to succeed. If you have 30 people and 15 are women, yes...maybe all 30 could hunt. That's not a successful strategy though. The separation of duties has dictated that women do different jobs most of the time. It's only in very, very recent history that we've had such an incredible amount of technology in many fields which support far more jobs than the world has ever had. Now, to extend the metaphor, maybe 5 of those women get to be hunters. If the human race lives with this advanced technology for thousands of years, then I would agree that the roles will totally shift.

Men and women share genes. If men develop a trait that makes them fitter, there's a good chance women will show that trait too if they have the same chromosome. Genetically, could females technically all rise to as much power? I couldn't answer that scientific question. I can only speak empirically of history in which women, as a whole, have not succeeded even a fraction as much as men in the fields which men succeed at.

The basic difference that makes men different from men is their role in human social structure and how they rise to power within it.
    Men rise for different reasons that women rise. If a woman rises using the same strategy that a man does, that to me is male behavior. It's mostly just not witnessed in females. That is my empirical definition, not a definition of genetic potential.

Maybe there is a genetic reason men are more powerful via creativity and competence. I have issued my rational thought path for how that could have come about. But that is only a hypothesis. The empirical experiments for the genetic basis are just beginning. It's only been a few decades so far in which technology has overridden the need for efficient social structure.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    But... but... what if I want to be a moose? :< I think moose are much cooler than sheep. Are you discriminating against the moose?! > That's racist!

Pal, I'm sorry to say this but you sound like your main parental figure in life was a book about the Game. I really don't mind you living in that world if you so like it. But please don't take it to the world of personal insults with people you don't know. This discussion is heading into the realm of the distasteful.
    You should read Nietzsche sometime. His ideas are naturally going to be heretical to a bunch of Marxists.

That was more airing of personal opinions. While many were IMO horribly limited and misaligned, that doesn't bother me as much as it probably should. People are entitled to personal opinions. For example, my personal opinion is that mr. Alpha complex have managed to come across as a major jerk, but it's within his right to be one if he so wishes. If nothing else it made for an interesting discussion.

However, it's not within his right to make personal insults which is where we are currently heading. Don't even go there.
    Personal insults? Sorry that you feel offended by the truth. Go ahead and be an ostrich. Put your head in the sand...
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-16-2013 at 08:00 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyq View Post
    LOL Wow, I don't know what woman screwed you over but seriously get over it. You shouldn't make generalization on an entire gender based on a few of them. I have known plenty of men that were complete bastards but I don't blame all men for them being wastes of human beings.
    I'm not saying all women are this way. I'm saying that is the difference on average. The trend.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast