Thread: Italian Sausage Soup [Pic] page

QueenOfTheDwarrows is offline Junior Member

Italian Sausage Soup [Pic]

Shop Now
    I made this soup for dinner last night, and it turned out lovely. It was incredibly full of flavor and spice! It also reheats really well, I had more for breakfast today. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it!

• Begin cooking some mild Italian sausage in a pan over medium heat. I used about 1.3 pounds of sausage (4 links), removed from the casings. While that's browning:
    • dice one small yellow onion(or half a large one) and put in a medium sized pot with fat of your choice (I used butter)
    • Either crush or mince a few garlic cloves, or leave them whole (I did, I like to eat the cloves whole in the soup) and add them to your onions
    • When onions get more clear, add some spices: a few grinds of black peppercorns, 1 tsp Beau Monde, 1 tsp White Pepper, 1/2 tsp dried Basil
    • Add some greens; I added about a cup or so of frozen curly kale. Spinach would work fantastically, but I did not have any.
    • Stir your mixture around
    • Add one 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs. (Be careful, I didn't read my ingredients and accidentally got a can with sugar in it)
    • Add one quart of chicken broth to your pot
    • Let cook together until your sausage is done, it should be almost ready by now
    • Add your sausage to the pot with your veggies
    • Cook together for a few minutes, adjust your spices if you need to

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Yum. Like Italian Wedding Soup almost. I could eat that daily.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite