Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Menapausal stuff......... HOT flashes!!! page

tomi is offline Senior Member

Menapausal stuff......... HOT flashes!!!

Shop Now
    Hey - sorry guys, if there is any reading - which I'm not quite sure why you're reading - but whatever

GIRLS! I need help! I've been suffering with hot flashes and night sweats for 2 years now! I need to find a natural, healthy way to turn down the waterworks! I will wake up 8 times a night feeling like I've been under the broiler and in a puddle of sweat! (for some weird reason my husband thinks its sexy, so at least I'm not grossing HIM out - but it sure grosses ME out!)

Anybody have any suggestions for an herb or anything? ANYTHING except HRT - I don't want to go that route.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin E, d-alpha tocopherol. Start with 1000 IUs once a day, increase until the hot flashes disappear. I used it for years until they stopped.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Trial & error are key, since different things work for different women. Check out this book for some really helpful suggestions:

The Wisdom of Menopause: Christiane Northrup: 9780553380804: Amazon.com: Books

And here's a blog post I wrote that may be helpful...

Nutrition for a Juicy Menopause - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind

My n=1 is no hot flashes so far at age 50 and all my perimenopausal symptoms are gone since I focused on a highly nutrient-dense Primal diet.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya, sista, on the multiple nightly hot flashes. I had them all day, too.

Bio-identical progesterone cream was what worked for me. At long last. I tried a variety of other stuff, but in the end, it was the cream that helped me out. I would never do estrogen due to an immediate family history of breast cancer, but the progesterone allows me to have a normal life.

Good luck trying stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Vitamin E, d-alpha tocopherol. Start with 1000 IUs once a day, increase until the hot flashes disappear. I used it for years until they stopped.
    excellent! I already take 400 IU a day - I'll increase to 800 IU until the bottle is gone (which it nearly is) then try to find 500 or 1000 IU.

Thanks!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Trial & error are key, since different things work for different women. Check out this book for some really helpful suggestions:

The Wisdom of Menopause: Christiane Northrup: 9780553380804: Amazon.com: Books

And here's a blog post I wrote that may be helpful...

Nutrition for a Juicy Menopause - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind

My n=1 is no hot flashes so far at age 50 and all my perimenopausal symptoms are gone since I focused on a highly nutrient-dense Primal diet.
    Thanks - I'll check it out! I didn't have any hotflashes until I was one year post periods. Then they hit me hard! Going primal helped curb the daytime hot flashes - but the night sweats are almost unbarable!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    I hear ya, sista, on the multiple nightly hot flashes. I had them all day, too.

Bio-identical progesterone cream was what worked for me. At long last. I tried a variety of other stuff, but in the end, it was the cream that helped me out. I would never do estrogen due to an immediate family history of breast cancer, but the progesterone allows me to have a normal life.

Good luck trying stuff out.
    I've been resisting the hormone for 2 years - but I think I'm about to break! First I'll try the Vit. E and see what happens. I'll give it a month - if no changes, then I'm on to plan B. The hormones will be a last resort. I'm creeping up on 53 and praying this phase is nearly over!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Black cohosh (NOT blue cohosh). Works for about half of menopausal women.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I also am on bi-identical progesterone. There is a lot of good protective things in progesterone only. Particularly if you are very estrogen dominant. Having too high estrogen in relation to progesterone can be bad. I would suggest a saliva test to determine where you are.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I have friends who swear by acupuncture!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast