Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I eat chicken skin almost everyday? page 2

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd add in potatoes for inexpensive quality nourishment. Also, beef liver is very affordable. Canned oysters. Fruit, and cheese if you eat dairy. Crispy chicken thighs are Delish, but I wouldn't do it every day. A few times a month at most. I do think of much PUFA can be problematic.

I'd take some tips from Derp's shopping list. He scores pretty highly for $4 bucks a day!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    For now while I'm saving money? Milk, ripe bananas, gelatin, 16oz cottage cheese, potatoes with honey, oysters, coffee, sugar, coconut oil, bakers chocolate, juiced watermelon and rice. Once a week I'll eat beef liver.

I spend 60 dollars every 2 weeks which equals out to a little over 4 dollars a day

I make my own ice cream too using coffee, bananas and milk.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 03-14-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

irishfoxy is offline Member
    Stew meat and ground beef are cheaper than chicken thighs where I am... but chicken thighs are certainly the cheapest of chicken parts, and that's what went into my huge pot of chicken soup yesterday. I buy O3 fortified eggs - is that an option? They are more expensive though, hubby freaks out on me if he's there for the shopping, which is why I don't take him anymore :-)
    28 years old, insurance broker
    starting weight 195 lbs (5'4")
    working on losing weight, getting active, and curing my GERD

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    For now while I'm saving money? Milk, ripe bananas, gelatin, 16oz cottage cheese, potatoes with honey, oysters, coffee, sugar, coconut oil, bakers chocolate, juiced watermelon and rice. Once a week I'll eat beef liver.

I spend 60 dollars every 2 weeks which equals out to a little over 4 dollars a day

I make my own ice cream too using coffee, bananas and milk.

I am trying to wrap my head around how that combination of things could ever be tasty and I'm just.. not getting. :P

o3 fortified eggs are bad. the chickens are fed bad sources of o3 which are already oxidized and they go bad real fast. i had some o3 eggs back in my stupid phase, and they went sour in 3 days and i got a real bad case of salmonella

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I am trying to wrap my head around how that combination of things could ever be tasty and I'm just.. not getting. :P
    It certainly pales in comparison to my previous food(dates ;_; ) but, I gotta do what I gotta do.

You just gotta be Derpamix to understand. I used a soda stream to add carbonation to my milk once, I was amazed at how fast one could throw up.

In the name of science!

It certainly pales in comparison to my previous food(dates ;_; ) but, I gotta do what I gotta do.

You just gotta be Derpamix to understand. I used a soda stream to add carbonation to my milk once, I was amazed at how fast one could throw up.

In the name of science!
    I buy dried dates at BJ's, I think they're around $7 for a 2-lb bag, which is a lot for dried and will last me months. I make date and cheese sandwiches with them; 2 dates, piece of cheese = heavenly

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I buy dried dates at BJ's, I think they're around $7 for a 2-lb bag, which is a lot for dried and will last me months. I make date and cheese sandwiches with them; 2 dates, piece of cheese = heavenly
    2lbs of dates lasts me 15 minutes :X

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    I used a soda stream to add carbonation to my milk once, I was amazed at how fast one could throw up.
    ahhhhahahaaaaa
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

2lbs of dates lasts me 15 minutes :X
    Correction: they're 40 oz. bags.

And you could eat 2 lbs of dried, pitted dates in a day?? Duuuude. Lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast