Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Condiments Do You Use? page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

What Condiments Do You Use?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been using Frank's Red Hot and mustard - I assume those 2 are primal friendly? I also tried making mayonnaise but without a decent food processor it never turns out well.

What other condiments are you using? I need some more ways to spice up my food.

Any carb-free Italian dressing recipes?
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Sriracha. It's in my 20% category foods because it's made with sugar...but good luck getting 20% of your daily intake from that stuff LOL.

Frank's is in there too, as well as Tabasco. Balsamic vinegar, it has carbs, but I don't care. Salt, pepper, ms.dash *shrugs*

I like shiitake mushrooms sauteed with onions in butter too.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I use French's mustard - zero sugar and its sole ingredients are water, mustard seed, vinegar and spices. I make my own pesto (I made the pistachio pesto from the "Go nuts!" post) and vinaigrettes but I can't be bothered to make my own mayo at the moment.

I gotta ride this no-carb train through June, and then I can start eating "normally" again. I made a hefty wager with a friend, that I'd drop below 300 pounds by July 2nd...I have about 25 pounds to go.

I don't do too many vege's anyways, I just don't like them, but I will be eating some fruit and carrots and things like that. I'll try to power down some leafy greens, but it's going to take some getting used to. Goddammit, I hate vege's (90% of them at least)!

Anyways, back to condiments!
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I like a vanity of hot sauces check out a Mexican grocery store if you have one near. They are almost all carb free or VLC at least and they all have unique flavors. Two of my Favorites are El Yucateco "Green Habanero sauce" and Tapatio Salsa Picante
    Last edited by Kev; 05-02-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    I guess I don't worry all that much about the Primal status of condiments, as the amount you take in is so small really. I do try to keep the carb count low. I use mustard, low-sugar ketchup (made with Splenda), some Thai peanut sauce (OK, really not primal, but I love it -- I mix it with yogurt as a meat marinade sometimes) or other things with Oriental flavorings, balsamic vinegar, organic salsa, and mixes of things (mustard and apple cider vinegar and Stevia on pork chops, for example).

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Frank's Red Hot, spicy brown mustard, and mayo cover pretty much everything for me. I make ketchup once in a while. Wheat-free tamari once in a while.

You don't really need a processor to make mayo. A hand blender works perfectly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    You don't really need a processor to make mayo. A hand blender works perfectly well.
    I tried using my upright blender, lol, it didn't go well! I guess I'll need to start scouring the thrift stores, to try to find a used hand blender.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I make my own vinaigrettes and seasoning blends for my food, so I usually don't eat much much by way of condiments besides butter, garlic, salsa, and wasabi paste.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Butter is my only condiment (besides spices). I put in on all my beef and fish meals!

Occasionally I will bake salmon with grainy mustard and wine but I am freaked out by ketchup *gag* and mayo (but maybe I would try it if it was homemade. Salsa doesn't excite me much but guacamole is good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast