Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hit myself on the bottom of the chin with the bar on the OHP page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I don't like today's workout I hate these ones that make you split cardio and weights. Those folks had never been to our rec centre. In our place, you get the piece of equipment, you stick with it. Which means that I will be doing all cardio in one shot and 3 sets of the bench in another shot, and wonder if it is effective.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Two weeks ago in my group training class we were using kettlebells for a Sumo deadlift into a high pull - and I hit my chin with the kettlebell - youch! Not that long ago I hit my nose with the Olympic bar while doing push-presses - that HURT. I've not been doing this type of work for long (only about 7 months), but hopefully I won't repeat either!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've had injuries that took more than a decade to heal. I am always timid now about doing something that may hurt me, and haven't been injured in ages.

I am trying to be careful, and I find that once you get a small injury you think it's nothing, then the next day you get another one... now I interpret it as a STOP sign. One is a freak accident, two in a row = take a rest day. I can still feel it on my chin, but I can't see a bruise, it is probably shadowed, thanks goodness

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    That's why I don't like doing X-fit sprint-type exercises with a lot of equipment. Bodyweight only here

Hope your chin feels better soon...>_<

I am torn by really liking Cross-fit, and really liking the scheduled workouts with barbell, and I love swimming, running (since the summer is coming, yay!) and Kettlebells and.... Till the second week of April my choices are made for me - my schedule won't fit in the normal workouts, so I will do Cross-Fit till then, go to a 3 day conference where I will swim my little heart out, because the hotel has the BEST POOL IN THE WORLD (70 m lanes, huge outdoor hot pool, OMG!!!) and then... I just don't know.

I honestly like a kid in a candy store, all the workout regimens are SO GOOD. Aww.

EDIT: I proudly report doing all the split and jerks today without hitting anything, lol. I was paranoid like hell!!!

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I am torn by really liking Cross-fit, and really liking the scheduled workouts with barbell, and I love swimming, running (since the summer is coming, yay!) and Kettlebells and.... Till the second week of April my choices are made for me - my schedule won't fit in the normal workouts, so I will do Cross-Fit till then, go to a 3 day conference where I will swim my little heart out, because the hotel has the BEST POOL IN THE WORLD (70 m lanes, huge outdoor hot pool, OMG!!!) and then... I just don't know.

I honestly like a kid in a candy store, all the workout regimens are SO GOOD. Aww.

EDIT: I proudly report doing all the split and jerks today without hitting anything, lol. I was paranoid like hell!!!
    how about doing what you love, and then mixing in some crossfit-styled workouts when you feel like? you could get workout ideas from the website, or pick our brains for some workout ideas too. then you wouldn't have to spend an arm and a leg on a box membership
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    It must've been painful...
    It's a live example that we shouldn't neglect form even if we are experienced lifters.
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

how about doing what you love, and then mixing in some crossfit-styled workouts when you feel like? you could get workout ideas from the website, or pick our brains for some workout ideas too. then you wouldn't have to spend an arm and a leg on a box membership
    I am not in a box, I do the WODs posted at the X-Fit website with the weight I can do all the reps with in our beloved recreation centre. The problem is that I LOVE it ALL! I love 3x5, I love Madcow, I love my mixed 5-3-1 with a couple of support thrown in, I love Fereris ideas, not to mention Zumba, swimming, running on the grass, gardening, and shooting hoops... I also wouldn't mind getting a PT to do some boxing. The problem is that I can only do so much before over-extending, and balancing fitness with everything else that I love or have to do. I am not at all gifted athletically, so I wipe myself out easily.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I am not in a box, I do the WODs posted at the X-Fit website with the weight I can do all the reps with in our beloved recreation centre. The problem is that I LOVE it ALL! I love 3x5, I love Madcow, I love my mixed 5-3-1 with a couple of support thrown in, I love Fereris ideas, not to mention Zumba, swimming, running on the grass, gardening, and shooting hoops... I also wouldn't mind getting a PT to do some boxing. The problem is that I can only do so much before over-extending, and balancing fitness with everything else that I love or have to do. I am not at all gifted athletically, so I wipe myself out easily.
    gotcha. i am in the same boat. and i tend to do my workouts more seasonally and based upon my goals. in the fall and winter, i switch to lifting heavy and basically just working out at home, inside. i eat a little more and focus on adding some muscle mass. i get to hide the extra 5-1lbs under sweaters/shirts etc all winter. in the spring and summer, i start to shift to bodyweight exercises, and x-fit styled workouts. i do a lot of mountain biking. i jog a little. i flip my tractor tire outside or climb the rope i hang in a tree. i run sprints. i mess with my sandbag and medicine balls. i jumprope. and i clean up the diet a little. i shed the few extra lbs of bodyfat and bam, i look good on the beach. best of all worlds. and it allows me to get outside when the weather is nice and enjoy life, instead of being cooped up in my home gym because i "HAVE TO" do chest, shoulders and triceps that day.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast