Thread: Heyas from Sunny FL page

nickybfwb is offline Junior Member

Heyas from Sunny FL

Shop Now
    Hey I am Nick and I am from the Panhandle of Florida on the beautiful Emerald Coast. Love it here in my peaceful little spot though getting some different types of organic meats and foods can be somewhat painful of a process. I have been doing primal for a little over a month now, maybe closer to 6 weeks, along with some training to start getting back into shape. I have lost about 20 lbs though now I am slimming down and regaining some muscle.

A little more about me. I am a civilian computer security instructor for the military here. I am either in front of a classroom or doing research and prep work at my desk. I was military for six years and then I was honorably separated and went to work teaching them. I have always battled weight issues and it has been frustrating in the last few years as when I got out of the military I ballooned up in size.

I am married with two kids, 7 and 1, and I have recently decided I don't like being large. Actually I decided that a long while ago I have just started working on losing the weight. I want to play with my kids and not be winded in just a few minutes. I have already missed some of my oldest's life and I don't like it.

So my journey has started with me griping and complaining about working out and other stupid things you do to make yourself feel like a victim when it is all your own fault. I did do some looking around and found NerdFitness and started reading there. I had also heard of Paleo before but just in passing. Well over there they are big fans of Paleo and also here of Mark's Daily Apple. So I started looking into it and lo and behold it made sense to me. When I actually started reading I was thinking to myself, these are all the thoughts I have had before.

So I talked myself into trying it and the wife is still skeptical and doesn't want to give up her foods but I have been going mostly full bore. I still go out for beers with some friends, have changed somewhat over to mostly ciders, and I have the occasional bad food day. I just take it in stride and roll with it. Though there was one day recently I went an ate supersonic breakfast burritos and I felt like dying afterwards.

The other contributing factor to all of this is a coworker did a sort of put up or shut up challenge to me. He told me the local running shop was doing a Couch to 5k program and I should sign up. I have and last weekend I ran my first timed official 5k and missed my goal of 45 minutes by 12 seconds. It was me and 17k of my closest friends.

Needless to say I have been extremely happy with how things have been going for me and I want to keep them going really well. I am training for some adventure runs and soon I will be a few with a goal of completing a Tough Mudder.

I have been a pretty avid reader of this blog and I have found a lot of other blogs with recipes and advice. So I am settling in and yes there goes the neighborhood.

Nick

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Hello Nick. Your story is nice and I hope you succeed in losing weight.

I've written some nice guides on what you need to do to get started but first, I would recommend you to check out my "how many calories should I eat per day" guide, "how to count calories" and also engage in a strength training program.
    Good luck and keep us updated!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

I will first admit I am definitely lazy. I don't want to count calories and I know that isn't the best thing in the world when you are working on losing weight but hey I will work with it. I will definitely not be starving myself, I like food a little way to much. I have an interesting understanding with myself on when I need to eat and when I am full. So I can work to keep my system regulated and going. I will just make sure to pump in the right stuff and avoid the stuff that isn't good for me.

As for strength training I definitely need to get back into working out. I have been having some issues with getting the motivation but now I am doing going through a Couch to 5k program, having run two different five ks in the last two weeks, and I am ready to start training for doing a couple of different adventure runs. So I am will be doing the strength and endurance training soon.

Thanks for all the advice and information. I really have been enjoying all the people and the wealth of information that abounds.

Nick

Oh and with my second 5k I beat by goal of 45 minutes by 10 seconds. So I was pretty happy with that result.