Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Only Going at it Half-way? page 3

KB29 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seems like I read something on here at one point to the effect of...fats in the absence of inflamatory grains, carbs, etc. is ok; but to mix the two kind of compounds the negative effects of both. Guess that's kind of what I was getting at. Am I better going about 60-80% primal or in leiu of fairly strict compliance would it be better to follow a more CW low-fat, healty whole grain type diet?

FWIW since making some changes I've definitely lost some weight, nothing drastic, but clothes are looser. But nothing dramatic. I'm probably about 215 now, and would ideally be in the 190-200 range.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    I have a pretty relaxed approach to eating primally, I find that it makes it more sustainable long term for me. I'd say I have about 3-5 cheat meals a month that could be anything from pizza to ice cream or beer. Sometimes it just feels good to have these things socially.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KB29 View Post

So my question is...is there any harm to be done by not committing to this 100% (80%)? If I eat the fatty, grass fed steak and vegatables for dinner all week, but have a hamburger and pizza on the weekends, am I somehow compounding the negative effects. Or, am I making good headway by simply trying to eliminate as much "bad" stuff as I can? Is all the extra fat, cholesterol, etc. that we now understand to not be so bad somehow made bad by the inclusion of some grain, soy, etc.?

Make sense?
    You can do whatever you want really. Nobody is going to know.

I fully support easing into primal, one food improvement at a time...allowing yourself a little wiggle room, not being 'on a diet', making the best choices you can with the resources at your disposal. I support reading the book, experimenting with your own diet and lifestyle, and tweaking PB to make it work for you. And no, you are not undoing the all improvements you've made to 80% of your eating choices, by having the occasional burger and beer. If you've permanently modified your lifestyle to cut all the grains and seed oils you have control over, you move more, sleep more and strive to reduce stress...you've done the bulk of the work. The rest is just tweaking.

What this community has little patience for is people who:
    - don't read the book
    - attempt "their own version" of PB for 3 or 4 weeks, then join the community just to complain that they haven't lost any weight
    - declare that they are doing it 50% at best, and wonder why it doesn't work
    - ask questions that can be answered using the search tool or the "start here" tab
    - expect miracles
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123