Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Only Going at it Half-way? page 2

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It is highly unlikely that the only symptom of gluten intolerance your body is experiencing is the one you are consciously aware of.
    And it's highly unlikely that a diet based on "healthy" whole grains isn't/wasn't doing a ton more damage than an occasional plate of pancakes, slice of pizza, or 6-pack of craft beer.

I've found that my personal tolerance for the negative effects of gluten-containing grains is drinking beer once per year on a camping trip I've attended since I was a teenager.

Some people are willing to give it up completely. Others give it up, except for when they're out with friends, traveling, or just on that odd occasion when they really want a pepperoni pizza.

We all are responsible for educating ourselves and making our own choices.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    And it's highly unlikely that a diet based on "healthy" whole grains isn't/wasn't doing a ton more damage than an occasional plate of pancakes, slice of pizza, or 6-pack of craft beer.

I've found that my personal tolerance for the negative effects of gluten-containing grains is drinking beer once per year on a camping trip I've attended since I was a teenager.

Some people are willing to give it up completely. Others give it up, except for when they're out with friends, traveling, or just on that odd occasion when they really want a pepperoni pizza.

We all are responsible for educating ourselves and making our own choices.
    While we are all responsible for educating ourselves and making our own choices, many of the symptoms of gluten intolerance are silent. We may only become aware of them when it is too late and the effects are irreversible.

While we are all responsible for educating ourselves and making our own choices, many of the symptoms of gluten intolerance are silent. We may only become aware of them when it is too late and the effects are irreversible.
    risk/reward noun - definition in Business English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionary Online

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    It is highly unlikely that the only symptom of gluten intolerance your body is experiencing is the one you are consciously aware of.
    the thing is, i eat gluten so infrequently that i honestly don't give a shit. i had 4 slices of pizza one day 2 months ago. i ate some cookies at christmas-time. and 2 weeks ago, instead of drinking liquor i had 2 beers with my buddy to in rememberance on the anniversary of the death of his father. i'm definitely not basing my diet on gluten containing grains, so i think that at most, gluten 10 times per year probably isn't the end of the world
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    OP, 50% is better than no%
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    the thing is, i eat gluten so infrequently that i honestly don't give a shit. i had 4 slices of pizza one day 2 months ago. i ate some cookies at christmas-time. and 2 weeks ago, instead of drinking liquor i had 2 beers with my buddy to in rememberance on the anniversary of the death of his father. i'm definitely not basing my diet on gluten containing grains, so i think that at most, gluten 10 times per year probably isn't the end of the world
    That sounds like real life to me and totally harmless. I drink lots of beer at xmas with no problem, not much since, but will do the same next xmas/birthday/any excuse I can find
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
    Actually not. Not trying to find quote, but it was something like: aim for 100% and most likely in real life you will reach 80%
    Ah okay. In that case:

Even Mark says 80:20 is fine
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

richnash33 is offline Junior Member
    I actually do not have a problem with meals ..I would say I am close to 100% (even going out to eat) ..However my problem has always been my snack choices..My household is not completely on board so there is always popcorn ,chips or Cheez-its around the house unfortunately..And unfortunately I do grab a handful if I feel like it...t is what it is and I don't stress out about it

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    If you're happy with the results you're getting doing Primal during the weak and cheats on weekends then why worry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ah okay. In that case:

Even Mark says 80:20 is fine
    I see what you did there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast