Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant need to graze page 2

krsn89 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This happened to me at the start of my Primal journey and I've seen it in others as well. I would snack on cheese, berries, nuts and then I would have my meals and still feel like something was missing. To be honest, I think while your body adjusts to eating differently, you might feel like this for a while. The constant need to "snack" stopped at around 3-4 months in for me, and then I just started IFing because I was just not hungry anymore. Now I'm at the point where I only eat 1-2 meals a day with no snacking. Fruit does tend to make me hungrier, so for the most part I usually just eat berries.

nickybfwb is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    You sound like me when I'm PMSing.
    Great just want I wanted first thing in the morning. I am PMSing! Thanks for the laugh and I understand what your point is.

So the general rule is reduce the fruit intake and I see mentions of berries. My normal breakfast has been blueberries, strawberries and some ham, everyone looks at me funny with the ham and berries but it tastes awesome with good smokey ham/canadian bacon. I think I will up the ham content or add in some eggs since now I have been making egg souffles.

I also did experiment a little more yesterday and ate lunch with a larger portion of meat along with a salad, I ate the rest of the carnitas I had made, and that definitely kept me full throughout the afternoon and even into the evening. I didn't get hungry again till around 12:30AM after leaving a Shinedown concert.

I can also agree with many of you that it might also be a change in the diet and that was part of my question. Did you folks ever experience that sort of change and many of you are saying you have. I appreciate all the answers and helpful advice. I might need to go talk to my family doctor to check and make sure I am not menstruating, not sure how I would explain it to the wife if I was but.....

Nick

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Okay, now you gave me the much needed laugh. Now I have the energy to go work on the project that keeps me anxious and makes me want to eat a house full of apples!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickybfwb View Post
    As for when I have been snacking it has been fruits, bananas, apples, oranges, along with some almonds primarily.
    All those sugars are going to just make you want to eat more. Quite possibly the worst thing you can snack on if you aren't looking to stimulate your appetite.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    What worked (and continues to work) for me was 2 enormous meals a day with no snacking whatsoever inbetween. So a big lunch and an even bigger dinner and you should kick those cravings in a week or 2.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    (no salt).
    Funny I just read this. Cuz I was just hungry for a little something. So I had eggs. Like a medium fried. Not sure if there is a name for that. Anyways, I hardly salt anything, but salt just sounded good. And so I salted alittle. And it was REALLY good! And thought to myself, Self, maybe you should have just had the salt?!

Then I remembered that when I would fast, sometimes I would start my day with a little salt water, just enough for a quick shot, with a little lemon.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It's a bit different. Salted water with lemon in fasting helps stabilize electrolytes and kills hunger and whatever.
    I use egg here as a test if I (or my daughter) are hungry or just feel like eating. Cold hard-boiled eggs for me represent 'just food', with no enjoyment attached. Now, if they are hot, soft-boiled and have salt, now the pleasure kicks in, and it is hard to tell what's hunger and what's the desire to eat and experience the eating-related pleasure....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

pickled herring is offline Junior Member
    This happenned to me after about 3 weeks of eating low carb. I've added in some extra carbs like a serving of potato with dinner. I've also got myself a good quality protein powder, and a half scoop with half cup almond milk kills the nagging in my stomach. This has been useful right after work if I come home ravenous, or in the evening, and prevents excessive snacking - all for about 60 calories

Sandman is offline Member
    I've experienced this, as well. Rarely does it start with hunger. It's usually a means of dealing with stressful matters, boredom, or some other sense of dissatisfaction. Of course, once the fruit starts, the sugar will create an ongoing desire to have more and more.

Sometimes it helps to simply get outside for 5-10 minutes of walking in the fresh air.
    My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

The sugar thing really makes sense... I'll keep eating if I've had fruit, honey, sugar...
    ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
    24 year old female
    Current: Always between 115 and 119.
    Goal: Get ripped.
    My Journal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast