Thread: Anyone now able to eat dairy.... page

kiwigal is offline Senior Member

Anyone now able to eat dairy....

Shop Now
    after being completely allergic to it???

I started out primal, but had to go paleo and get rid of all dairy as I was getting constant sinus infections and just continually getting sick. I also started out having to lose 35 pounds.

I am now down 15 pounds and still have 20 to go. I am wondering if during this process my gut will start healing and I'll be able to eat dairy again at maintenance??? I am thinking primal seems much more of a plan that I could stick to forever.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I say it is possible that your gut could heal to the point of being able to tolerate dairy. Chris Kresser did a blog post on this a while ago:
    How to cure lactose intolerance

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't alergic to dairy, well at least not to a degree that it would be detected medically. But I did have minor skin problems that are gone now. After going Primal I use only cream in my coffee. Very infrequently some cheese. This far good. But if I use more - yoghurt or like, then I immediately feel that I shouldn't. Again - nothing much, except an uneasy feeling in the stomach, but I have come to feel too good to tolerate any.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Have you ever tried raw dairy? Many people I know that have problems with dairy do great with raw dairy. I think "pasteurization intolerance" is a real thing.

Thanks guys for your help!!!! I'll definitely try probiotics and raw dairy to see if it helps. I don't need to eat dairy everyday but once in a while I'd like to make a primal pizza with an almond flour crust. Some cheese on top sounds awesome!!!!

krsn89 is offline Member
    My co-worker who I "converted" into a more Primal lifestyle was VERY dairy sensitive before starting the diet. She would eat cheese, yogurt, milk and would have serious digestive problems, but she continued to eat them anyways or take them with Lactaid to try and alleviate the effects. Since changing her diet though, she has noticed that her tolerance for dairy has gone way up and it doesn't bother her like it used to. She also used to break out with pimples every time she ate dairy but that has gone down. She regularly eats dairy now with NO problems.

I was never truly lactose intolerant or diagnosed with dairy allergies but I knew too much milk/cheese/ice cream in the past would give me problems and hurt my stomach. Probiotics definitely have helped me (and with other issues too), but I also find dairy doesn't give me any problems anymore. I eat full-fat Greek yogurt every day and cheese quite a few times a week with no issues. So I definitely think that your gut can be "healed"!

Quote Originally Posted by krsn89 View Post
    My co-worker who I "converted" into a more Primal lifestyle was VERY dairy sensitive before starting the diet. She would eat cheese, yogurt, milk and would have serious digestive problems, but she continued to eat them anyways or take them with Lactaid to try and alleviate the effects. Since changing her diet though, she has noticed that her tolerance for dairy has gone way up and it doesn't bother her like it used to. She also used to break out with pimples every time she ate dairy but that has gone down. She regularly eats dairy now with NO problems.

I was never truly lactose intolerant or diagnosed with dairy allergies but I knew too much milk/cheese/ice cream in the past would give me problems and hurt my stomach. Probiotics definitely have helped me (and with other issues too), but I also find dairy doesn't give me any problems anymore. I eat full-fat Greek yogurt every day and cheese quite a few times a week with no issues. So I definitely think that your gut can be "healed"!

Thankyou for posting this!!! For now the majority of my diet is protein, veggies and fat. Once I am at goal I am hoping to get back to eating some yummy dairy!!!!

Oh I am happy. LOL

THanks again!!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GKL View Post
    Have you ever tried raw dairy? Many people I know that have problems with dairy do great with raw dairy. I think "pasteurization intolerance" is a real thing.
    +1
    I do fine with raw dairy but the pasteurized stuff makes my sinuses clog up.