Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideal Macronutrient Ratios for Weight Loss page 2

emmie is offline Senior Member
    A plateau for that length of time means that you're eating to maintenance, and there's no weight loss without a caloric deficit. I would suggest 1500 cal for a couple of weeks, and if that doesn't start weight loss, you might try 1400.

If you're basing your caloric level on one of those online calculators, that's always a mistake. We're all different and have to find our own caloric levels.

Keep in mind that often after you've lost a significant amount of weight, you need to lower calories for your 'smaller' body. I stalled big time after I lost my first 80 lbs because I didn't realize that I needed fewer calories. Once I lowered them, I began losing well.

(I lost almost 200 lbs total and have been maintaining my loss for 2 years.)

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Some good advice here. Counting calories can be very effective and for many the only way we can learn how much is enough. I would suggest something myfitnessspal.com. I used it for ~6 months but probably could have stopped after a couple of months. It has a really good database of food and is easy to use. I would be careful of all that fat. Not that it is bad for you but it might be more difficult to calorie track.

There is no "perfect" macro distribution. Whatever makes you feel good is perfect for you. Our bodies are very adaptive but like any organism prefers things to be stable.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Luckypbk1 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    this is what i use IF Calculator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12