Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starving!! page

Satori75 is offline Member

Starving!!

Primal Fuel
    Hello all!

I have been following the primal laws for several months now, with great results. The only carbs that I have are from fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds, keeping carbs around 90-100 grams. I am a healthy 38 year old male, who trains with weights, two to three times per week, with cardio, 2 to 3 days as well...

I have been unable to lose the last 10 pounds, so I increased my cardio, to 40 minutes 4 or 5 days per week, and the weight is coming off, and I am looking the best, that I have ever looked. The only problem is that I am constantly starving, If I have a 5 egg omelette with avocado, veggies, and steak, with some fruit, I am starving within 30 minutes. For dinner, its steak, big salad, veggies, and lots of olive oil on my salad, and again, starving within 30 minutes. I have to go home and have a couple handfuls of nuts and a protein shake, and I feel a little better... I am just starving all day long, and even right after all of my meals... Do you think that since I increased my activity level, that I should replace some of the fruit with a little potato or yam, or will much more fat suffice?? Thanks for any help!!

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Why replace, if you're burning it off, then ad some sweet potatoe and another dollup of fat.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    If your starving EAT! It is also possible you could just be thirsty and if you feel like you're getting adequate calories try drinking a big glass of water, wait 20 mins and then re-assess.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    In my opinion, it sounds like your body requires more fuel due to the added activity. You could continue to eat as you have been and maybe burn off the last bit of fat/inches and continue to be hungry, but I don't think that's sustainable - and who wants to feel hungry all the time? If it were me, I'd add in some healthy starches like potatoes, sweet potatoes and bananas. There are a bunch of folks here who change their macros depending on what sort of physical activity they're doing that day; perhaps they could offer advice.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the others. There is no law that you must only eat breakfast, lunch, dinner. Eat when you're hungry until it normalizes. Add more butter and fats. Add a sweet potato. Don't let you're self be hungry. That'sa recipe to break down and eat 7 pizzas.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I agree with the others. There is no law that you must only eat breakfast, lunch, dinner. Eat when you're hungry until it normalizes. Add more butter and fats. Add a sweet potato. Don't let you're self be hungry. That'sa recipe to break down and eat 7 pizzas.
    OP, are you truly starving or are you craving something?

Feeling this hunger or starving sensation immediately after eating is usually a sign of nutrient requirement that has not yet been met.

richnash33 is offline Junior Member
    I am in the same exact boat as you. Trying to lose last 10, almost same age (I'm 39)..No matter how much or what I eat I am always hungry so I am curious what others come up with.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Eat more fat with your meals.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

kiwigal is offline Senior Member
    Agree with everyone.

PLay around with macronutrients. I personally can't eat a lot of carbs without experiencing blood sugar drops, so I increase my fat instead when very active.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is precisely why cardio doesn't work for weight loss.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast