Thread: Sore Leg Tendons page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Sore Leg Tendons

This is my first post on the Fitness page. I'm doing Mark's beginner exercises, slowly. Most of my exercise is just walking. I walk about a mile 3x a week. For the past 1.5 weeks I haven't walked at all, the weather's been bad, so I've stayed indoors.

Today I went out to walk and only made about 1/4 mi. The tendons on the outside and lower inside of my right leg got really sore very fast. I wore the same tennis shoes I always do. I've never had sore tendons before. What causes it? And what should I do? I'm 75 and don't exercise a whole lot anyway but I do like to walk.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever had your vitamin D3 levels checked? Sore tendons can be a symptom of D3 deficiency.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Take some fish oil too. Regarding the cause could be a lot of things, walking off balance, cambered road, worn out/unequal shoes, poor posture, etc. Too many causes to list. Take it slow I guess and keep kicking ass at 75.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Take some fish oil too. Regarding the cause could be a lot of things, walking off balance, cambered road, worn out/unequal shoes, poor posture, etc. Too many causes to list. Take it slow I guess and keep kicking ass at 75.
    Thank for the good thoughts. Last night I realized the arthritis in my right hip probably had something to do with it although I"m not sure exactly what. I am taking D3. Maybe during the 1.5 weeks of no exercise those tendons shortened and I need to stretch them. Mark has a page on that but I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know where it is?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    What makes you think the soreness is in the tendons?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    What makes you think the soreness is in the tendons?
    Really, I'n not sure. But it doesn't feel like muscle soreness, which i'm familiar with. What else could it be? I'm woefully ignorant here.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-14-2013 at 04:20 PM.