Thread: sugarstacks.com page

Annika is offline Senior Member

sugarstacks.com

Primal Fuel
    An interesting website - sugarstacks.com shows the sugar content of various foods by stacking sugar cubes next to the foods. Made me think twice about my usual mid-morning apple!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    That's a good idea.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Yikes! The cinnamon bun is scary!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I am traumatized.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Cool site! Thanks!

maranne is offline Senior Member
    Great site. Thanks!

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    An interesting website - sugarstacks.com shows the sugar content of various foods by stacking sugar cubes next to the foods. Made me think twice about my usual mid-morning apple!
    Good website. The fruit thing though is a separate issue. While limiting fruit intake is especially good when trying to lose weight, comparing fruit to processed sugar really isn't fair and I can tell you that I don't and still don't feel bad about eating an apple, even a large apple, after reading the site.
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Have you noticed that they only show you the amount of actual sugar in the food? That is, they don't count all carbs, which are basically sugar anyways.

Agatsu is offline Member
    AWESOME!! The next discussion my wife and I have on yogurt, this is where I'm going. Thanks!
    Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
    - Ralph Marston

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    I just got a bunch of these images forwarded to me in an e-mail by my completely un-Primal fiance, who got it from his equally SAD-eating dad. I often freak out at him for drinking non-diet things (not that diet is good, but he used to drink regular coke and orange drink multiple times a day, every day), so maybe this will seep into his subconsious too.

And yes, it's true sugars are processed differently. But I do have an example of "too much fruit is a bad thing." My mom did not eat an inordinate amount of sweets or carbs. In fact, she stopped eating almost all bread, potatoes and rice for about a year. She did eat 4+ apples a day though, and ended up with a pre-diabetic A1C. She stopped eating all apples (highest proportion of fructose of any fruit) and has her blood sugar completely under control now, yay! Some people think it's crazy to eat four apples a day, but it was not hard for her at all, and I can imagine many people eating their 5-6 servings of fruit a day, all the while thinking they are being healthy.