Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pregnant + medical issues: please help page 4

Aloe is offline Member
    Hi again,

I thought I would update here.

Even though I simply haven't found an available appointment with an endo, I'm still trying. I changed doctors, and this new one is AMAZING. He thinks the medication I'm taking right now (levothyroxine 50 mcgs) is a good idea, and that we'll see how everything is going through some more lab work and an ultrasound, since we can't do more right now (seems everybody knows seeing an endo is terribly difficult here).

Aside from that, I've been trying to walk more and use the stairs here in my building. After I'm 12 weeks (1 week away), I'm going to start doing upper-body weights.

What I really wanted to share, though, is how I've been controlling my bloog sugar. It took me some time and lots of experimenting, but I finally found that if I have 30 grs of carbs with dinner, my fasting sugar is normal/close to normal. My average the past 5 days has been 92 (87 to 93), which is so much better than the 105 I was getting before. My sugar during the day is very good.

Maybe one day in the future, a pregnant woman is going to read this and it's going to help her
    Height: 5ft 9"
    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
    ~Albert Einstein~

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234