Thread: Keeping your head in it page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

Keeping your head in it

So last night, me and the wife got in a bit of a match; crying, throwing things, the total package. So today I felt bad, and when I got to the gym, as soon as I started my cardio, I just felt like, "ehh...." and didn't have it in me. Whatever makes me want to do it was just totally absent. So I made myself do 20 minutes half-assedly, rather than 40 with any kind of commitment, I half-assedly did some back workouts, and I came home. Have no appetite, just been flopping around the house.

So, can someone explain to me the bio-chemistry happening here? Like what exactly makes that happen? And maybe how long this chemistry can be expected to cramp my style?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It may be related to adrenal fatigue -- big rows tend to bring out a lot of energy/adrenaline. Cortisol usually pours through second, and typically you can be exhausted (in our case, for days).

The main thing is to recover -- go ahead and recoup for the next day or two -- and see if you can get some oxytocin and endorphin going via natural means with your partner.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that makes sense, true. I guess that didn't occur to me because in the past adrenal fatigue meant that I blacked out on people. This time I was just explaining for 3 hours that of course breasts are universally wonderful lol

and see if you can get some oxytocin and endorphin going via natural means with your partner.
    I know that Dubya ruined this phrase and all, but thankfully Ron Howard re-won it for the good people...mission accomplished
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"