Thread: still bingeing page

louisem is offline Member

still bingeing

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well started off really well today and did good all day. Then tonight I ate nearly a full large choc bar with hazlenuts. Still pretty down but working on it. Also did one hour tough workout this morning. Was wheezy after. When am I going to stop trying to destroy what I have achieved? I get so pissed off with it but going to keep going. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    An evening binge is often related to not eating enough food earlier in the day. Restricting yourself earlier does not mean you are "good" earlier, nor does a subsequent binge mean you were "bad" later. Look for a pattern in your eating to see what you can change.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I am far less likely to 'binge' on 'treats' and sweets if I approach every meal as a decadent splurge. No diet food, no restriction...just yummy, rich and satisfying primal foods. Steak! Gourmet salads! Soup! Bacon! Butter! Cream! Honey! Berries! Full fat yogurt! Farm fresh eggs! Primal is delicious!! I don't have to try to "be good"....eating primal IS GOOD.

It could also be that I LIKE and respect myself, accept my imperfections, allow myself some wiggle room, and have no reason for self-sabotage.

Who purchased the chocolate in the first place?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    It's natural to be hungrier after a workout. I find it necessary to anticipate this and feed myself good food while self control is at its peak, not wait till I'm starving and can resist no longer.

However, chocolate and hazelnuts isn't totally bad. Just pick yourself up and try again tomorrow.

Don't try to make up for it by cutting back even more, that doesn't work. But do your best to make all your meals healthy primal. Good luck, you can do this.

louisem is offline Member
    Thanks again for all your support> I appreciate it very much.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Primal is delicious!! I don't have to try to "be good"....eating primal IS GOOD.
    Yes, yes, and YES!!!

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    You may want to try to up your fat intake too, this helps you feel satiated and less likely to stall. I am finding for myself I am doing much better with a 1:1 fat to protein ratio. After a workout your body is burning through glycogen, hence the desire to eat carbs. You may want to eat something the night before if you workout in the morning to help burn through and not feel depleted like a higher starchier food, sweet potatoes work well. If you are doing and evening workout, the same rule applies but have it midday. Just a suggestion. Bingeing takes a while to get over but my best defense has always been upping the fat. I sneak it in the morning before my training in my coffee (bulletproof=coffee, coconut oil, butter). Hope you find a balance.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192