Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Squatting causing larger thighs? page 11

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    LOL, no.... not doomed to be fat, but more than likely not going to look like a fitness model.
    If you want to look like a fitness model you must train and diet like a fitnessmodell and also use the same "supplements" as they do! It's about getting used to feel hungry and miserable as a lifestyle...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Surely doing Yoga and Fasting gave you a Yoga Teacher Body?
    Doing yoga and fasting caused me to lose 35 pounds off my bench press and injure my hips which took over a decade to heal.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 03-21-2013 at 01:09 PM.

whitewolf is offline Junior Member
    same here about willpower. All used up ten years ago eating cabbage soup and drinking cc light for two weeks straight. Did worked on weight loss though, but brain damage was invertible (not like the weight loss).

btw, had a really down moment today at the gym. Saw a girl (about tall as myself) with visible toned muscles, but she lifted weights about 3x lighter than mine. Did not put much effort in it either. And looked like that. And that is where my path has taken me - I am strong, but it is a secret because it does not show. If I could lose 3-4kg (7lbs) would I look like I actually do work out? I actually have muscles I know I did not have 2 years ago but they are kind of hidden under soft fatty layer :P

This was completely off topic I think. My thighs are a bit firmer from squatting but not much bigger, which is at least is a good thing

purple579 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    Just tossing this out there - a girlfriend of mine who doesn't exercise told me an anecdote yesterday. She was in Whole Foods and noticed a 60 year old woman wearing a crossfit shirt. The woman obviously did Crossfit -- "She had an ass of a twenty year old -- I (my friend who is 34) wanted to ask her where she got it - I want an ass like hers!"

she went on to say the rest of her body was equally fit and good looking.

Don't know what to say ladies - feel free to throw your hands in the air and say it is impossible to achieve the body you want - but it isn't. See it every day -- people who work hard to achieve their goals. Then there are the people who get on an internet forum and bemoan that their goals are impossible.
    Um...okay...first, please let me know where I can make my legs grow about 5 inches longer through "hard work".
    Second...oh, you're right. You know exactly how hard I work and how my body responds to it. Yep...please tell me more about how much I've been slacking and how easy it would be to get the body I want if I wasn't so lazy.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Of course squats can make your tights bigger, it's their purpose to do this.
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Here's a picture of my back. Ignore the tattoo and notice the following:

1. Latissimus dorsi below the bird's tail (never had that before)
    2. Trapezius rising toward my neck (never had that before)
    3. Deep crevice where my spine is (never had such a deep one before)
    4. General visibility of muscular stuff under there, it shows even more when I move

Yes, I'm still soft and feminine. Yes, I am not bulging and bulky or manly. Yes, it is not impressive. But that is hypertrophy. It is enough to be noticeable to my boyfriend who actually used words like "Holy shit!". It's enough that my shirts are tight around my shoulders. It's enough that I noticed it with huge surprise when I took this picture. That's the kind of hypertrophy I get from weight lifting. I would even be happy with more. I have no fear of becoming bulky or manly, but you can't lie to me and say a) it's impossible for women to gain muscle, b) that it's in my head and it's all fat and c) lifting weights will make me look like Joy Victoria (or perfectly shaped female who lifts weights du jour.)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Hi Purple579. I'm a trainer just to the north of you. Can you give me the break down of your program that you do for your legs? I think I can help. Warm up, how many times a week, reps, sets, exercises. As much info as you can possibly share would be great. I assume you're using a squat rack vs. a smith machine because you mention a bar plus plates but that's really all I can tell from your posts.

On a side note, sbhikes, nice job!

purple579 is offline Member
    Yeah, sure! I'll give you the details of a session I did a couple weeks ago...obviously I've stopped doing heavy barbell squats for the time being.
    I did legs once a week and started with squats.
    2x8xbar(45lbs) (warmup)
    2x6x95
    2x5x105
    2x4x115
    2x4x125
    2x3x135
    2x3x145
    Box squats: 3x8x115
    Bulgarian split squats: 3x8x75
    Plie squats: 3x10x25 lb dumbbell
    Leg curl 3x10x40
    Plie jump squat 3x12
    Barbell step ups 2x10x30 1x10x40
    Lying leg curl 3x10x40
    Calf press 3x12x60
    I'd always do squats and box squats but I'd change up the accessory work...glute kickbacks, hamstring ball curls, leg press, etc.
    Hopefully that gives you enough info.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    It's about getting used to feel hungry and miserable as a lifestyle...
    Man, I tried that shit for years and lost like the same 10 lbs over and over again...

Dang SB, nice back!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf View Post
    same here about willpower. All used up ten years ago eating cabbage soup and drinking cc light for two weeks straight. Did worked on weight loss though, but brain damage was invertible (not like the weight loss).

btw, had a really down moment today at the gym. Saw a girl (about tall as myself) with visible toned muscles, but she lifted weights about 3x lighter than mine. Did not put much effort in it either. And looked like that. And that is where my path has taken me - I am strong, but it is a secret because it does not show. If I could lose 3-4kg (7lbs) would I look like I actually do work out? I actually have muscles I know I did not have 2 years ago but they are kind of hidden under soft fatty layer :P

This was completely off topic I think. My thighs are a bit firmer from squatting but not much bigger, which is at least is a good thing
    Yes. Toning = fat loss. The easiest way to "look toned and jacked" is to lose fat. That's what "toned" is. Low fat

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast