Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The fight against inflammation! Need reinforcements! page 3

grokina is offline Member
    I have at least one AI condition that I am in the process of identifying - seeing another round of endocrinologists next week for my thyroid - and I find I have to avoid Omega 6. I feel much better not eating avocado, olive oil and nuts, and when I do have those things I'm exhausted with headaches the entire day following. At this point I basically live the whole 30, so, no dairy or sugar either. If you can favor saturated fats for a while and see if you feel better (while of course avoiding things like sucralose!, etc.) that might be enlightening.

tzulogic is offline Member
    So today I picked up some beef, chicken(Natural, at 1.24 a pound!!!) Tuna, beef liver (Yum? Maybe?) and Canned Tuna.

First question: How many cans of Tuna a week can I safely eat?

Thankyou StephanHli, I will have to incorporate scallions and cayenne pepper, I eat all the others just about daily.

I'm way way over budget now. I'll have to stretch out the food in the house for 2 more weeks. 3 pounds of beef and 5 pounds of chicken over two weeks? Possible.

Can I safely do like 5 eggs daily?

My GI problems are fine. I'm so fortunate. They used to be really bad. But on this diet they are basically gone (mostly after double doses of probiotics.)

I will keep you all updated. Aiming for true paleo from this time forth! Gonna make it happen. Grahhh!!!! (Caveman battle-cry.)

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Lovely to hear you sounding so upbeat.

I reckon you can eat as much eggs and tuna as you can afford, at this stage. The protein will just help you heal.

Cayenne is a nightshade, if you are avoiding those.

Fantazmic is offline Member
    hi Tzulogic

Here is a very good site to go explore salycilatesensitivity.com

The symptoms you are describing.....hadaches and aching joints for with sensitivity to this food chemical...and fit with symptoms I have struggled with for years.

google salycilates and have a read about them.....its complex to explain but essentially an intolerance that sits with gluten and lactose intolerance but is not as common. However in my opinion heaps of people ahve salycilate intolerance and dont know it.

Take care.....the advice the other ops are giving you looks good in terms of the balance of your diet.

Remember if you havent been doing things quite right for a while....it will take time for your body to adjust.

Also be careful of supplement powders they contain so much rubbish......fillers emulsifiers etc......they could make you worse !!

and I agree with the advice that your multivitamin might have caused issues too...a lot of multivitamins are ade with a corn powder base (very high in salycilates) if the tablets have a coloured coating.....that can cause reactions too in highly sensitive people.

Take care..and I have been there......so sick at one stage all i could do was lie on the bed curled up in the foetal position .....waiting for the pain to somehow pass...

take care

Elizabeth

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tzulogic View Post
    So today I picked up some beef, chicken(Natural, at 1.24 a pound!!!) Tuna, beef liver (Yum? Maybe?) and Canned Tuna.

First question: How many cans of Tuna a week can I safely eat?

Thankyou StephanHli, I will have to incorporate scallions and cayenne pepper, I eat all the others just about daily.

I'm way way over budget now. I'll have to stretch out the food in the house for 2 more weeks. 3 pounds of beef and 5 pounds of chicken over two weeks? Possible.

Can I safely do like 5 eggs daily?

My GI problems are fine. I'm so fortunate. They used to be really bad. But on this diet they are basically gone (mostly after double doses of probiotics.)

I will keep you all updated. Aiming for true paleo from this time forth! Gonna make it happen. Grahhh!!!! (Caveman battle-cry.)
    Good on ya,
    but settle down big fella, theres plenty more to come for you.

Don't blow your budget, if you've gone over, you're gonna need to stretch it a bit to extend to the timeframe, you don't want to blow it because of cash, so back fill with fruit and veg, add in some starchy tubers and portion the meat to take you through the time frame, eggs should be no probs, but 5 eggs day in day out may just get a bit tiresome, make sure you get enough calories overall.

Pat on the back, just plan and pace yourself, good to see a young bloke taking charge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123