Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregnant, hungry. Snacks? page 2

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by aimlow View Post
    And congrats on your miracle.
    Thanks!

I had a brainwave and added a handful of dessicated coconut to my breakfast yoghurt. I managed to keep going all the way till midday and lunch! (OK, so that was only about three hours, but I had done a workout before breakfast too.) It tasted really good, too.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    You're pregnant, eat when hungry. Your body will send you appropriate signals so your baby gets what it needs. Try to stay primal as much as possible, but don't worry about carb load. I wasn't primal with either of my pregnancies and gained 50lbs both times... I'm now below my weight before the first pregnancy due to primal eating/exercising.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    I would agree that when you're pregnant you can relax your rules quite a bit no matter how you eat.
    Some expectant mothers I've talked to said they could only eat what they were craving or it'd come back up, so just listen to your body.
    If you feel like you need snacks, have snacks. If you want fruit, have fruit. With the dried fruit, if you want to avoid too much sugar get the kind without added sugar.

I assume your OB is monitoring for gestational diabetes and other problems, so as long as all your checkups are fine I'd say don't worry too much about it.

patski is offline Senior Member
    You need sweet potatoes! Don't be afraid of starch

Congratulations!!!!!!!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    You're pregnant, eat when hungry. Your body will send you appropriate signals so your baby gets what it needs. Try to stay primal as much as possible, but don't worry about carb load. I wasn't primal with either of my pregnancies and gained 50lbs both times... I'm now below my weight before the first pregnancy due to primal eating/exercising.
    ^This! I'm always a big proponent of "eat when you're hungry, don't eat when you're not"... (and you'd be surprised how many people think that's STRANGE *eye roll*).

In case you were wondering about my personal opinion (lol), pregnancy is not an excuse to "eat anything you want," (this sentiment angers me, it also irks me when people think that gaining 70-80lbs with a singleton pregnancy is "normal" or "healthy") but it is not really a time to try and lose fat either, because fat loss = toxin release (I'm working on a more solid, well-researched thought on that one).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12