Thread: Cancer & Paleo (PIOG) page

emmarobinson is offline Junior Member

Cancer & Paleo (PIOG)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello,
    My name is Emma and I just turned 25. I have a dear friend who directed me here. I've heard wonderful things about the Paleo lifestyle and helping with auto immune diseases, etc. But what about cancer? I recently had thyroid cancer, and had my thyroid removed, and turned down radioactive iodine treatment and instead am currently doing a detox program. After detox, I'd like to "go Paleo" but I worry about some of the foods. For example, what about red meat? It's acidic and cancer lives in acidic environment. I haven't heard a story of cancer and Paleo. If anyone has any knowledge or know where to direct me, I would appreciate it.
    Thank you.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I would say to definitely start eating healthier, and Paleo/Primal is a good example of eating healthy if done correctly, but do not refuse the accepted cancer treatment they provide. That's why Steve Jobs died.

Paleobird Guest
    Hi Emma,
    I survived breast cancer five years ago so I know a lot more about this subject than I would like to.

First of all, the "cancer thrives in an acidic environment" and "meat is acidic" stuff is nonsense. Meat is fully and completely broken down in the vat of acid that is your stomach. It in no way effects body PH whatsoever.

What cancer does thrive on is sugar. The body can run on either glucose or ketones. Switching to a ketogenic diet forces your body to run mostly on ketones. The thing is, cancer cells can ONLY run on glucose. On a ketogenic diet, they starve to death.

I highly recommend the blog of Dr. Georgia Ede called "Diagnosis Diet". She has done some very interesting work on cancer and ketosis recently.

You searched for cancer Diagnosis: Diet

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Well... I've read that cancers thrive on sugar, so if you go ketogenic that might help. If you're worried about red meat, just stick with fish, chicken and pork. It's all delicious.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I've been listening to Robb Wolf's podcasts from the start recently, they have mentioned dairy as causing lots of growth, ie muscle, but also potentially cancer cells, so cutting out all dairy if you haven't already would be a good move I would think.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi Emma,
    I survived breast cancer five years ago so I know a lot more about this subject than I would like to.

First of all, the "cancer thrives in an acidic environment" and "meat is acidic" stuff is nonsense. Meat is fully and completely broken down in the vat of acid that is your stomach. It in no way effects body PH whatsoever.

What cancer does thrive on is sugar. The body can run on either glucose or ketones. Switching to a ketogenic diet forces your body to run mostly on ketones. The thing is, cancer cells can ONLY run on glucose. On a ketogenic diet, they starve to death.

I highly recommend the blog of Dr. Georgia Ede called "Diagnosis Diet". She has done some very interesting work on cancer and ketosis recently.

You searched for cancer Diagnosis: Diet
    Miss Bird, thanks for sharing the lovely link!