Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help! This just isn't doing anything and I'm stuck for ideas. page 5

little vase is offline Senior Member
    yb

I'd also like to tell you not to be afraid of calories, OP. You need to be nourished and you need calories to heal.

When you say jelly, I think that's jello to me, right? That should be the next thing to go. I'm not sure what a Ready Meal is but if you have the time maybe you could try to make your own versions of whatever is in the meals. That way you know the exact ingredients and that it's fresh and not processed.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, I think that it is going to take a complete overhaul, one meal at a time and it will be hard if you are a picky eater and a non-cook. Don't even think about your macros until you are eating a diet of real, whole foods. My ideas are not "ideal primal"
    Step 1. Find a breakfast-
    Unsweetened greek yogurt, fruit and nuts
    Eggs (you don't like them, try them different ways before your write them off)
    Fruit and nutbutter
    Cottage cheese
    Smoothie of nut butter, unsweetened greek yogurt, fruit. Maybe add in some whey powder for protein.

Lunches-
    Tuna and salad
    Tuna and veggies
    tuna and fruit salad
    Fish and salad
    Anything from breakfast

Dinner- see lunch

You must keep trying proteins or you will have a hell of a boring diet. You must prepare foods from scratch. I'd throw out everything in your pantry and go buy a bunch of fruit, vegetables, whatever protein you will eat (unsweetened yogurt, eggs, fish, cottage cheese etc.) and go from there eating 3 meals a day.

I have no idea how you can eat VLC and not be starving given your limited options on proteins.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Eve2206 is offline Junior Member
    Dear all

Thanks for your replies. I was particularly surprised about the sulphites - I do read things like this but then tend to forget them! So, from now on, no grains, no processed food. Stop counting for a while. Jelly! I will definitely swap that for berries. I like the sound of that. And thanks for the links for recipes and articles.

Doc says there's nothing wrong with my thyroid, so I've stopped asking her to send me for the tests. I suspect I just got into really bad habits of not eating during the day, and now need to stop doing that. I can do salads and salad with cheese is nice anyway. I'm going to avoid ready made veggie food as it's full of cr*p anyway. I will do this - properly this time.

Meat thing? Always hated it as a kid. It was only when I was 30 that I realised I didn't have to eat it anymore. Unfortunately I swapped it for cheese pastry - not a good move. But I will stick with the fish and eggs.

Thanks again for your advice.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve2206 View Post
    Dear all

Thanks for your replies. I was particularly surprised about the sulphites - I do read things like this but then tend to forget them! So, from now on, no grains, no processed food. Stop counting for a while. Jelly! I will definitely swap that for berries. I like the sound of that. And thanks for the links for recipes and articles.

Doc says there's nothing wrong with my thyroid, so I've stopped asking her to send me for the tests. I suspect I just got into really bad habits of not eating during the day, and now need to stop doing that. I can do salads and salad with cheese is nice anyway. I'm going to avoid ready made veggie food as it's full of cr*p anyway. I will do this - properly this time.

Meat thing? Always hated it as a kid. It was only when I was 30 that I realised I didn't have to eat it anymore. Unfortunately I swapped it for cheese pastry - not a good move. But I will stick with the fish and eggs.

Thanks again for your advice.
    Good on you. Do as you say you're going to, and you will see results - but be patient.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    It's pretty apparent that you're fundamentals are bad, and that no amount of tweaking is going to work. Eating toast because you have to eat "something?" That's pretty much disqualifies you right there, sorry. The nuts-and-dairy newbie who can't lose weight is a common occurrence too. You need a complete overhaul.

If you're gallbladder is out and you don't like real meat, then your version of primal will be far more advanced than what you'll find from us amateurs on the forums. I recommend that you sign up for professional nutrition help: from Mark or his certified folks, or a primal-friendly nutritionist.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post

Rice I've decided against because I had sushi with rice once after going primal and it gave me terrible heartburn.
    the heartburn was more likely from the sugar they use in the vinegar mix for sushi rice.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to be so unhelpful but you seriously need to buy The Primal Blueprint book and read it. You need to understand the fundamentals. If you want to continue your processed food and grains, go join Weight Watchers. It really works for weight loss. The Primal Blueprint is for people who want maximum health.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Eve2206 is offline Junior Member
    Oxide/SBHikes - what are you both on about??? I'm going to follow PB - but without meat. Why is that such a problem? Mark has already told me I can do it. He said it would be harder but not impossible. I can't understand why some of you seem to have these issues with what I'm saying. I clearly stated I was going to stop eating the grains and the processed food. Am I missing something?

And don't tell me to join WW! Have you tried it? Even I cannot get on with that stuff because it's just a weight loss diet and I want to change my way of eating not just to lose weight. I'm overweight but not obese.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your posts, I don't know and I apologise if I am, but I detect a certain 'nose in the air' attitude which is uncalled for - especially as many of you on here do PB 80/20!!! Double standards maybe?

I do understand the fundamentals, although I agree a refresher would be useful. But what I have noticed on this forum is that the PB nutrition forum seems to be the most popular, and in reading the posts, the majority of people are here primarily for weight loss and see PB as a 'diet'. I also noticed that many of the members have 'tweaked' it to suit their own lifestyles etc (presumably whilst sticking to the fundamentals). But also that many of the members are have 'cheat' days!!!

So I think it's inappropriate for some members to pick on me this way. My posts and questions are as valid as anyone else's. I do not have to eat meat to do this. I understand about eating clean and fully intend to do so, maybe 80/20 like some of you, or perhaps I will do better than that, who knows!

Don't put me down - it's mean, unhelpful and just a bit snobbish.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    So just to summarise,
    You are cutting out grains, and processed foods, yes?
    You will have eggs and fish, other seafood?
    You will be eating lots of fresh Fruit & Veg and some nuts.

If that's correct, that sounds like Primal eating pretty much to me.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You asked for help and you're getting it. It's unfortunate if you don't like the way it's phrased. Get over it and take note of the content. You need to quit eating garbage and start eating plenty of real food. If you won't do this, then nothing anyone says will help you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast