Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK citizens - what olive oil do you use? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

UK citizens - what olive oil do you use?

Primal Fuel
    Hey fellow UK folk

Apparently some olive oil companies don't have much integrity and use veg oils instead. What olive oil do you guys use, and are you sure it has integrity?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I use the extra virgin stuff from aldi and I have no idea on the integrity, it tastes pretty peppery though
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Eve2206 is offline Junior Member
    Hi
    I use the Napolina extra virgin or the Belerio (spelling?) extra virgin. Never tasted them as use them in cooking, but they're supposed to be good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    I use the extra virgin stuff from aldi and I have no idea on the integrity, it tastes pretty peppery though
    Never know if I should trust Aldi and Lidl products! They do taste good, but did you hear the "My Lidl Pony" joke? (that was it).

Quote Originally Posted by Eve2206 View Post
    Hi
    I use the Napolina extra virgin or the Belerio (spelling?) extra virgin. Never tasted them as use them in cooking, but they're supposed to be good for us.
    I'm using Napolina extra virgin as well But it's reasonably cheap, so I'm wondering if it's the real deal...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    for regular stuff (cooking etc) I use Co-Ops own brand (they have two, Greek & Italian I think?)
    For salad dressings etc I have some posh stuff I picked up at TK Maxx a while back, Senorio de Jamie Rosell Maximum
    and this one...

The last 2 are lush but ive no idea where you would get them normally or what they would cost
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Forgot to say, The Co-op oil is pretty good & I think real, the shop heating went on the blink a while back & their olive oil was going thick & cloudy just sitting on the shelves The stuff beside it (more expensive) stayed clear.....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Forgot to say, The Co-op oil is pretty good & I think real, the shop heating went on the blink a while back & their olive oil was going thick & cloudy just sitting on the shelves
    Is that a good sign??

Hah - love the randomness of TK Maxx!

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Is that a good sign??

Hah - love the randomness of TK Maxx!
    Yeah, real olive oil will go cloudy & solidify at lower temps, try popping it in the fridge to see if it goes cloudy/thick.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Yeah, real olive oil will go cloudy & solidify at lower temps, try popping it in the fridge to see if it goes cloudy/thick.
    Thanks!

- Ray Peat

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I buy this

** EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL 5Ltr Spanish Cold Pressed ** | eBay

Superb olive oil. It comes in a 5 litre bottle and tastes great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast