Thread: Primal eating position? Standing/sitting.... page

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member

Question Primal eating position? Standing/sitting....

It would seem standing and sitting at a meal table allow your abdomen to extend properly and let food pass through in a healthy manner,

but I would have thought grok sat on the floor or relaxed against a prop/wall like us sitting on a sofa.

I can do either more most meals as Im a student and only have family dinners when i go back home but whats best?

Your thoughts?

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    I would think posture is more important than position. You abdomen should be in the same position sitting as it is when you are standing if you sit properly.
    Start here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...alk-like-grok/
    Esther's book is excellent.

Cool thanks. Interestingly mark compares sitting in chairs as the grains of the furniture world and even if you can achieve the same abdomen position in a chair this is quite unnatural.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/sitting-unhealthy/

Whilst he says short periods (like meal times) wont make a big difference I just wondered what people thought, and you know a few mins a day add up in the long run.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    He probably squatted.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Usually when I sit on the couch I've got my legs up, sitting cross-legged. A plate sits nicely on the lap that way I learned. It's funny, I have a kitchen table and have yet to eat a meal at it!

The Romans often ate lying down. I've done that a few times. It's difficult unless you're just snacking. No wonder they ate with their fingers. P

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We have a coffe table we eat at because we don't have a want, need, or space for a dining table. I usually sit on my feet or cross legged. My husband generally eats cross legged. We joke that it's Japanese style, but we do both prefer to eat this way.

Buteo is offline Member
    This is an interesting question I often ponder, especially when looking at our 5 year old son who seems to prefer eating standing up. When he was smaller he also liked eating whilst sat on the table, but in a squat position with just his feet for balance. I often remarked how caveman-like he looked

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lol primal toddler nice one