Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Northern California: New Meetup.com group for Olympic sports page

wiltondeportes Guest

Attention Northern California: New Meetup.com group for Olympic sports

Shop Now
    I started this group just a week or so ago, and i want to get more people to join. It's about competing in all the various Olympic sports. Everything from track and field, to watersports, to winter sports, to the various team competitions. I believe in the well rounded athlete, and I just love competition. I wanted to get the word out there so this group can grow. I'm located in Lodi, CA. We have members living from Walnut Creek, CA to Folsom, CA. I'll post the link below. Ask if you have any questions. If you are interested in joining, don't just join yoursel; see if your friends want to come too.

The NorCal Olympic Committee (Lodi, CA) - Meetup

wiltondeportes Guest
    No one...? I know there are people on here in Northern California.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    lol poor timing? You just made all the ladies hate you like 2 days ago after a prolonged absence from the boards. E-cred is dipping son! haha
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Mr Perfidy would make a good mentor for you Wilton.

As far as the meet up goes, I'm no athlete and Lodi is a long way from where I live. Nor Cal is quite big.

I dunno dude you are like the world-trekker and shit and live in right in Cali. I am nominating you hahaha. One of my more significant and influential mentors was more like you, and had been all over by hitch-hiking and back-packing also, and was more of the calm and non-assuming, unaggressive type. He became a buddhist monk though and moved to Australia and I have not spoken with him since maybe dub8.

I always thought that this was only one element I need to develop though, and have other mentors that are more street oriented. Also a good sensei is priceless.

He definitely needs to get out more and to move in different circles and networks/subcultures, integrate different traditions and memetic inheritances.

I am willing to mentor him in:

: music scenes- internal politics, the cult of the artist, and the transcendent states achievable through frenzied dancing
    : the black market- internal politics, the supply of demands, the nature of the inherent benefit of cooperation, building and maintaining a reputation, building and maintaining connections
    : drug culture (including alcohol culture)- the nature of "culture" (I define culture as social drug use pretty much), the primordial evolutionary roots of shamanism as a curriculum for self-knowledge and also as a socially organizing force of order and balance, adaptations to law enforcement and surveillance, name-dropping/networking, and general drug culture divination
    :modern cults- it is my experience and understanding that all societies and sub-societies are cults. That is, they exist as an identity around Centers, from which radiate human expression. The centers are individual cults of personality, specialized scientific or cultural knowledge, and values/morals/taboos/proscriptions. The cult of Sport, for example, with its beer hall covens and nocturnal purging rites of self-debasement and mystical fusion with the Team, or the cult of The Automobile, with its patron saints and sanctified relics and promise of superhuman powers to traverse space quickly, or the cult of the Nation.

lol totally hi-jacking the thread.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Not a dude and old enough to be Wilton's mom!

I'm loving your resume and would encourage any one interested in expanding their consciousnesses to pursue the a fore mentioned list. Many of those things contributed greatly to my psyche, with the exception of the automobile (only use them when necessary) and sports, never understood the attraction.

Same- I only used them as an example because they are evident in mainstream culture as their own pockets of ritualised social constructs. I actually have never driven a car and do not believe that I ever could except in emergency/no road laws situations. I just can't make the part of my body that interprets sensory data tell itself, "That death-machine coming right at you at an intense speed will stop because that light up on that pole is red." I can't make my brain do that

I never knew that you were a woman though, that makes your resume way more nervy and awesome

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Hey I live in Acampo, CA!! I am happy to see someone so close to me! I don't think I will be much help tho as I am not really one for group sports and am fairly introverted so cheerleading is out too! Good luck with the meetup!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Same- I only used them as an example because they are evident in mainstream culture as their own pockets of ritualised social constructs. I actually have never driven a car and do not believe that I ever could except in emergency/no road laws situations. I just can't make the part of my body that interprets sensory data tell itself, "That death-machine coming right at you at an intense speed will stop because that light up on that pole is red." I can't make my brain do that
    Sounds like Visual Processing difficulty. Our son has that, he did some vision therapy and I think it helped some.
    Also may have been helped by FPS games. Though I still doubt that he will want to drive, too much info coming in at once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast