Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is too much coconut milk? page

Repicheep is offline Member
    Out of a backpack, but Paris, France/Colorado

How much is too much coconut milk?

Shop Now
    I'm eating about 500 ml a day, frozen mixed with cinnamon, I don't put any sweetener in or chocolate or anything, I just spoon it up, but that's...a LOT of coconut milk.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    No answer to your question, but I just drank coconut milk for the first time yesterday. I had refrigerated the can, and I drank about half. This was the first thing I've consumed since PB that I had to make myself NOT get more. I looked at the nutrition info and wowza! I mean, it's yumm-o but I figured I should limit myself to a half can.

This simply cannot be one of those cases where you can consume as much as you want...... but if I see otherwise, game on.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Well along with other liquid/semi liquid foods coconut milk is probably less satiating than solid foods, so it could result in overeating. Past that, I don't think there's anything wrong with coconut milk, and I always throw an entire can into my post workout shake

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Repicheep View Post
    I'm eating about 500 ml a day, frozen mixed with cinnamon, I don't put any sweetener in or chocolate or anything, I just spoon it up, but that's...a LOT of coconut milk.
    thats sounds interesting, you add cinnamon then freeze? does it not turn to ice? can you spoon eat it like icecream?

Repicheep is offline Member
    Out of a backpack, but Paris, France/Colorado
    If I leave it in too long it is like ice, but I just put it in a container of hot water for awhile and it takes on the consistency of ice-cream. Giving up ice-cream is really hard for me, but it's not so much the taste of sugar as it is the temperature and consistency. I was freezing yogurt for awhile, too, before I went no-dairy.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    sounds good. there are a few non dairy recipies floating around often involving banana, or I saw one the other day in a health food store which was made from mostly smooth ground cashew nut and tad of coconut milk (+honey). texture was good, i guess its a question of reducing water content in exchange for oil-based to avoid icy textures.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I just drank a whole can of coconut milk. I feel pretty full now.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Coconut milk isn't going to have a lot of nutrients and after a point there isn't any more monolaurin we can derive from the lauric acid. That being said, there is little wrong with the amount you're consuming. Coconut is practically a staple in some parts of the world and 90% of the fats have the propensity o be simply utilized as energy. The rest of the fats will be used for repair and creation of important things.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

TraceyG is offline Junior Member
    All of this news makes me so happy.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    i use a whole can of coconut milk in a my smoothies, usualyl when i need to skip a meal and dont want to if

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast