Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo / Primal Pregnancy page

iYummy is offline Junior Member

Paleo / Primal Pregnancy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In the past 2 weeks I think I've eaten more animals and eggs than I have in the past 10 years (only organic, free range and grass fed varieties of course!) and guess what? My weight hasn't gone up at all in these 2 weeks! I have way more energy and my head feels clear. Considering with my first pregnancy - 100% SAD (cupcakes, McDonalds and chocolates) - I gained a total of 66lbs (30kg), I'm ecstatic to have only gained about 6lbs so far, and that was before I started eating primal. I'm hoping by continuing with this super healthy new lifestyle that I'll be able to stick to no more than 15-20lbs in total.

Loving having a Paleo / Primal pregnancy! I can't wait to raise my primal baby

ps. I'm currently 18 weeks so I still have a long way to go but I'm confident I'll remain healthy

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Congratulations. It's amazing how much our diet affects us isn't it?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Alicia L. is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations! I just had my 14 week appointment with my second pregnancy, and I only gained 1.6 pounds in a month. The doc also said my protein and iron levels were amazing and I had no signs of anemia. And I feel fantastic eating like this. I'm not nearly as hungry as I was with my first. I ran at least 10 miles a week with my first pregnancy, and I probably haven't really run in three weeks and the weight has still been gradual. Keep up the good work - you've got another pregnant mama here rooting for you!

Good to know there are some other mums-to-be on this forum!
    I just had my 18 week scan yesterday and for the first time ever he was awake for it. In fact he was very wriggly and interested in the ultrasound probe. I've had 4 ultrasounds previously and he slept through all of them - I was starting to think I had the laziest baby ever! I'm hoping my new diet is the reason he's more active
    I need to up my exercise greatly - I can't imagine running 10 miles a week though! I'm impressed!

Here are two photos of my little primal baby:
    18weeks.jpg18weeks2.jpg

I know I'm biased, but isn't he beautiful??

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

ciaobella13 is offline Member
    Congrats on your primal pregnancy! I just gave birth to my beautiful daughter on January 26th and am getting back to my primal lifestyle. I tried to stay primal throughout my pregnancy, but I had a tough time with the nausea, so needless to say, I couldn't do it. My hat goes off to you Good luck!!
    Started Primal: 12/31/2011
    SW and BF%: 189.7 @ 33% (chest 41.5 - waist 30.5 - hips 41.5)
    CW and BF%: 182 @ 30.1%
    GW and BF%: 165 @ 18%?? LGN, baby!!

My Primal Journal

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    How do you guys handle food cravings? I stay nearly 100% primal and then I have a need for pasta. Which is flat stupid but...and even trying to put Alfredo on fake noodles doesn't work. I try to just work through but eventually reach a point where I have no appetite but whatever I'm craving and if I try and force other foods, even my favs, I get nauseous. So I'll give in and eat a plateful of pasta and have a happy belly but then a carb headache and feel all cruddy. Ack!! So frustrating!
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Alicia L. is offline Junior Member
    I just give in to my cravings once I've tried every other way to avoid it. I think sometimes our bodies are telling us we need something. It does suck having the carb headaches though, that's for sure! iYummy, your primal baby is beautiful!

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Lovely u/s pics!

I'm 27 weeks into my pregnancy. My first two (eating SAD) I failed the 1-hour glucose test. Passed it with flying colors this time, which I attribute to primal eating. My weight gain has been about the same as other pregnancies, though (too much). Just must be the way my body reacts to carrying a kid. Also, I'm older this time.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast