Thread: Is there such a thing as too much Bacon???? page

Frankie3614 is offline Junior Member

Is there such a thing as too much Bacon????

Primal Fuel
    One of those age old questions, right up there with 'what is the meaning of life?'. So is it a bad idea to eat bacon everyday? Is smoked bacon a problem? How much bacon does everyone eat at once? The salty-ness makes me so thirsty I feel like I must be getting too much salt....

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Most bacon is grain-fed, so you're getting second-hand soy and corn, Round-Up and questionable other feedstuffs. Whether or not the additives bother you, they are definitely not paleo! I was eating three pounds a week, and it was AWESOME! But I know it's not safe in the long-haul, so I'm back down to a pound a week. Which I eat all at once. If you can find pastured pork belly and make your own bacon, that's best.

A few searches around here should bring up all sorts of fun bacon knowledge. You'll find info about how bacon is the form of pork that does not make your red blood cells clump together. You'll find out that nitrates and nitrites really aren't anything to be afraid of, even if they aren't paleo. And that some people are sensitive to excess salt while others are not.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    "So is it a bad idea to eat bacon everyday?" Nope
    "Is smoked bacon a problem? " Nope
    "How much bacon does everyone eat at once? " I usually only eat one piece at breakfast.
    "The salty-ness makes me so thirsty I feel like I must be getting too much salt.... ". Salt is only a problem if you have high blood pressure. I salt everything BUT bacon.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Calories still matter and bacon has a lot. It is harder to overeat fat and protein because they satiate you more than carbs do (at least for MOST people), however, you will most likely (and unfortunately!) gain weight if you eat a concentrated bacon diet.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    A pound of bacon is about 2500 calories. Still room for berries and chocolate!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    So is it a bad idea to eat bacon everyday? NO.... although I don't.

Is smoked bacon a problem? NO

How much bacon does everyone eat at once? 1/2-1 pound. But I only eat it about once a week.

The salty-ness makes me so thirsty I feel like I must be getting too much salt.... Drink if your thirsty

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    At first I thought this might be too much bacon, but then I reconsidered. It's just about the right amount:

bacon.jpg
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.