Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaky gut + autoimmune protocol = Starving page 2

JohanJohan is offline Member
    Shop Now
    reduce sugar? u mean the sugar in bananas as well? from where do i get my carbs then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamame View Post
    Bone broth. What about coconut products?
    I dod bone broth actually. forgot to write that.

Cant do coconut i think. Dranks some coconut milk and was laying in bed with flu like symptoms for three days..

Just tried reintroducing Brocoli two hours ago. Bloated and stomach pain. So brocoli is out too.. Will ALL fodmaps be out now or one cant take that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    How about some kale??
    Never heard of it. Thats three things on my check up list now. Thanks Murf!

dannyroddy is offline Member
    @JohanJohan,

The thymus gland is important for growth and fertility, but is also an important regulator of the immune system. The gland has a tendency to shrink with age, especially under the influence of the classical adaptive stress hormones. The slow destruction of the gland may provide insight to the higher incidence of "autoimmune disease" associated with aging.

Frankie3614 is offline Junior Member
    What are your symptoms with leaky gut? I have been following the SCD diet for a month now. I haven't found it that restrictive.
    If you're starving, you need more fats. I don't see any fish/seafood in your list! I feel I the fish to give me a break from meat... salmon, mackeral, sea-bass, prawns & scallops. gotta love the fish. Spinach is my veg of choice, boiled well to make easiest to digest. Sounds like you need AVOCADO! food of the gods. How about butternut squash, as a change from the carrots. Mashed with butter/ghee/coconut oil, salt and pepper is great. Guessing you've chosen to eliminate eggs. I am not eating eggs or nuts and doing fine. There are so many more meats you could swap in for the rib-eye, what about lamb, venison, poultry?

Hope my blabbing is somewhat helpful

Frankie3614 is offline Junior Member
    Also i'd leave off the brocolli as it is a cruciferous veggie. stick to the lowest fodmap vegetables for now, it isnt hard to do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12