Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminate dry skin on face page 2

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yogabare-

I read through your entire thread about ocm. What happened!?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i've been using argan oil on my face and over the past month or so i've seen a lot of improvement.

the primal princess is offline Junior Member
    I am also a hugeeee fan of argan oil-what a miracle oil! I like Josie Maran's-it's organic-and I apply am and pm.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the primal princess View Post
    I am also a hugeeee fan of argan oil-what a miracle oil! I like Josie Maran's-it's organic-and I apply am and pm.
    Wow, her products are expensive. Are they worth it? Effective?

Sophaholic is offline Junior Member
    OCM completely saved me from cystic acne & is nothing short of godly I do find now that I can only do it for a month or so before my skin gets bumpy. I tend to use Aubrey Organics, A'Kin, Elysambre or Miessence when that happens, then go back to oil when that runs out for a month or so.

Do some careful research into oil types. Not all of them will suit your skin. Grape seed or rice bran are good ones to start with - for one thing, they're a few quid in the grocery store, but they're also light & non-greasy feeling.

Also, make sure you are using an exfoliator - again, a natural one. There's a million recipes to make your own online. Baking soda as mentioned above is great, but take it easy as it can be too drying for some people & don't scrub too hard!

ETA: Yogabare, I'm being dim & can't find your OCM thread. Can you point me to it please? Or give us slower class members a quick synopsis?
    Last edited by Sophaholic; 03-13-2013 at 02:40 PM.

the primal princess is offline Junior Member
    There are two schools of thought on price-initally it's an investment, however, I have had my bottle for two months now. I think I paid 48 dollars US, and apply 2x's a day (sometimes more), daily. So far less a dollar a day + I still have half a bottle left. Clearly I apply sparingly and with summer coming, probably less so. Initially skeptical, I purchased her travel sized version, which is a good way to try out a product. Another idea, is to go to a Sephora and ask for a sample. Did you know they will give you a sample of anything, and are so helpful.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Yogabare-

I read through your entire thread about ocm. What happened!?
    The thread was actually about skin pH. I was using yogurt and lemon on my face and feeling great. Then I read about OCM and encouraged by some of the replies I gave it a go. Big mistake For people with dry sensitive skin oil is waaay too drying. I was using castor oil under my eyes, and it had an immediate bad effect. Long story short, as soon as I started using OCM the fine lines under my eyes got deeper, and new ones started to form rapidly. I stopped doing it after about a week, but I would still wake up every day with a new wrinkle. And I'm not imagining it... I took "before" photos, so I'd be able to see the good improvement I basically ruined the skin under my eyes.

OCM is not for everyone. If you trawl through the internet you find other people like me who had disasters. I know... I found them on other forums, looking for ways to fix their skin.

I'm taking alfalfa and trying dry brushing. Fingers crossed.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Right, my mistake. I'm an idiot sometimes! I'm really sorry that happened to you!

Right now I am only using Olive oil which is moisturizing. After only three applications, I can tell a real difference! The irritated cry patched on my cheeks are gone and the redness in my face is going down as well. Once a day I have been toning with goat milk. Love the way that feels. I will try some baking soda exfoliating as well.

I also used baking soda/coconut oil under my arms today instead of deodorant. Just got home from work- no stank! woo hoo!

Have you gone back to the yogurt and lemon, then?

I am still fixin' to get a skin brush. I am convinced of it's benefits and I would like to add it in.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    my skin never has issues and is absolutely perfect all the time, except in the summer I require zinc oxide on every inch of my body in order to prevent sun damage

nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Derp,

Glad some folks are blessed with perfection.

I've always had stupidly sensitive, dry skin. One of those redhead things. I cannot go in the sun. I cannot wear zinc, and I definitely cannot wear traditional sun screen. So, I walk around in light long sleeves and big goofy hats.

I have been using coconut oil for moisturizing the rest of me. I enjoy this much more than slathering lotion all over with no results. I haven't quite decided if I want to jump on the no shampoo thing yet.. dunno....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast