Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete 15 month transformation From fat to FIT page 8

ksrcrider is offline Member
    Haha thank you. I'm not sure if there is a young age group on this site nor are there power lifters like myself. I read a lot of posts and people are so worried about carbs and what not. Fact is carbs nor fat make you fat. You over eating and exceeding what your body needs a day to maintain its weight will make you gain weight.

I'm eating 150g of carbs a day. I can't imagine how some people That i read about that are eating little, to almost no carbs a day. I would have no energy. Seeing that carbs are basically used as fuel.

Www.facebook.com/domination.inspiration
    Being consistent, gets results...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I started Crossfit and eat more carbs now. In that 100-150 range and have better energy.

I think a lot of people here are older and sedentary and the VLC thing works well for them. It also helps some people with medical issues and things like insulin resistance. And well, most Americans eat way too many carbs. I bet if you spoke to any medical professional, they'd call you low carb and be worried.

I do think a lot of people mistake the water gain from going from VLC to that 100-150 with fat gain. I gained about 4lbs when I doubled my carbs, but I feel/look leaner (relative to myself).

But yeah, your transformation is amazing and indicative of what just putting forth a consistent, well thought out program will get you. It sounds pretty straightforward. Are you pretty happy where you are at now or are you looking to improve even more?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

I'm amazed of how far iv come to be honest with ya.. Im competing in November at the NPC physique competition in Rockford, IL so ya I need to cut more fat. I have 12 weeks left of training. I need to be in the 4-5% bodyfat range to be stage ready.
    Being consistent, gets results...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with your competition. You'll look great!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

HaiHye is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksrcrider View Post
    I'm amazed of how far iv come to be honest with ya.. Im competing in November at the NPC physique competition in Rockford, IL so ya I need to cut more fat. I have 12 weeks left of training. I need to be in the 4-5% bodyfat range to be stage ready.
    Wow, you're like my neighbor. I'm in the NW Burbs, IL. I'd go see you compete if you want a little more of a fan club!
    And as funny as Magnolia is, she's right. You look amazing (hot) and your wife is a lucky gal as well as your son having an awesome role model. Good on ya!

fresa is offline Member
    Wow, you went from being a boy to being a man! Congratulations, and great work. I'm so glad you found in your son that motivation to change. And a hello from one of the under-30's on here! I think there are a few of us lurking about

knukldragr is offline Junior Member
    Im sure your Killing it at the gym.. looks like your lifting super heavy so the added muscles are eating away at that fat.. good job.

Jittery jay is offline Junior Member
    Great job! I just found this one. The transformation is awesome.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Holy crap. Good job man!
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast