Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing alternate day fasting? page

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Anyone doing alternate day fasting?

Shop Now
    I would like to hear about your experiences.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean eating every other day, or not eating until dinner on your fast days? I normally eat during a 3:00-8:00 pm window each day.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    I just started something similar, and will keep it updated! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread80287.html
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

ksrcrider is offline Member
    I do the leangains fasting diet... 16 hours of fasting and 8 hour window for eating.. Love it.. I used to be a huge and rant and rave about having to eat 6 times a day.. I got great results from it as for weight loss. I was also using a calorie counter and weighing out my food.. it got old after doing it for a year time... I stop eating around 8pm and start back up around 11-12 next day..
    Being consistent, gets results...

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I am doing intermittent fasting, I eat some cheese and raw broccoli at 2.30 PM, and have a large meal 6 PM and a more moderate meal 9 PM.

Mondays I fast until 6PM and only eat a chicken or meat soup with around 600 - 700 kcal. Thats all my food on mondays...

ksrcrider is offline Member
    thats all you eat is 600-700 kcals a day? if so how long have you been doing that? Because that will back fire on you really bad in result making you gain weight.. Females should never go below 1200 a day or a period of time and males 1500 a day..

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I am doing intermittent fasting, I eat some cheese and raw broccoli at 2.30 PM, and have a large meal 6 PM and a more moderate meal 9 PM.

Mondays I fast until 6PM and only eat a chicken or meat soup with around 600 - 700 kcal. Thats all my food on mondays...
    Being consistent, gets results...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I mean either eating nothing, OR eating below 20% of your normal calories one day, and then on alternate days, eat normally. The 20%/100% plan is sometimes know as the JUDDD(Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet). Something similar, the 5/2 plan was highlighted on a BBC program in the last year.

I don't mean eating within a 8 or 5 hour window each day.

alg2345- I'll check out your journal, thanks.

Gorbag, is Monday the only day you restrict? I'm more interested in the true every other day method, particularly as it relates to production of SIRT1, for cell renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by ksrcrider View Post
    thats all you eat is 600-700 kcals a day? if so how long have you been doing that? Because that will back fire on you really bad in result making you gain weight.. Females should never go below 1200 a day or a period of time and males 1500 a day..
    It's one day a week, only mondays, the rest of the week I go above 3500 kcal! I am calculating whether I should do it also on thursdays, have two "soup-days" a week instead of only one and raise my calories above 4000 for the other 5 days of the week...

Pam916 is offline Member
    For those that have the extended fasts, do they have an adverse effect on your workouts? Weight lifting in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I mean either eating nothing, OR eating below 20% of your normal calories one day, and then on alternate days, eat normally. The 20%/100% plan is sometimes know as the JUDDD(Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet). Something similar, the 5/2 plan was highlighted on a BBC program in the last year.

I don't mean eating within a 8 or 5 hour window each day.

alg2345- I'll check out your journal, thanks.

Gorbag, is Monday the only day you restrict? I'm more interested in the true every other day method, particularly as it relates to production of SIRT1, for cell renewal.
    One day a week on a high protein chicken or meat soup, yes! I get a good fasting effect of it because I combine it with IF, and right now the only food that I have been eating since sunday 9 PM is the 600 kcal chicken-soup yesterday. Around 3 PM today I will eat around 100 gram of fresh lowfat cheese and some broccoli/radish, and a huge meal later at 6 PM. I feel great by doing it that way, and I will try it also for the thursdays to get two days a week and raise the calories for the other five days...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast