I wanted to start a thread for hard gainers to discuss things that worked and didn't work. First, I know not everyone believes in the term hard gainer but, from my experience, when I consume daily 3/4 can of coconut milk, 3 eggs, bacon, avocado, 2 protein shakes with whole milk, cocoa powder, and honey, Greek yogurt, spinach, 2 bananas, strawberries, blueberries, macadamia nuts, some sort of meat (pork shoulder, ground beef, roast etc.), with sweet potato or rice and veggies for lunch and a similar meal for dinner and still have difficulty putting on weight, I'd say that's a hard gainer.

That being said, I've found some things that tend to work and others that haven't. I'm still tweaking things so wanted to get others' input. I found that carbs help my workouts but otherwise don't seem to impact my weight. Also, I workout in the am so I try to consume the fruit and yogurt pre-workout and my strength has gotten better. I typically lift 4 days per week and hit the bag 1 day. I run about 3 days a week, 2 miles each run. I tried to reduce my workouts to put it more in line with primal fitness but it did not work. I lost weight and strength. I've found that I need to hit each muscle group hard, twice per week with a split. I.e., chest / back / core on Monday and Thursday and legs / arms / shoulders on Tuesday and Friday. This seems to be effective but I'm not convinced yet. I am having better results doing this than a 3 day 5x5 routine.

Well, I figure that's enough for now. If anyone wants to contribute, please do and we'll try to figure out what works.