Hi,

I have been following a pretty darn strict paleo diet for 2 1/2 months now. I eat no sugar, dairy, grains, starchy veggies except sweet potatoes, legumes, or alcohol. I am significantly overweight (more than 100 lbs) and after loosing around 12 pounds in the first month I have plateaued and even gained weight this next month and a half. Its really frustrating. I also felt amazing the first month (well after I got through the first week of sugar withdrawal) but lately I feel more lethargic again. Here is a sample of what I have been eating:

Breakfast- 3 eggs and pork sausage or bacon (no sugar) and sometimes a green tea
Lunch- salad with whatever protein I had for dinner or sometimes canned tuna fish or hard boiled eggs if I don't have leftovers. I use olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing. I will often have half an avocado in the salad as well as tomatoes and carrots.
Dinner- Protein (chicken, ground beef, lamb, pork chop, fish) and veggies (brussel sprouts, broccoli, salad, kale, sweet potato, artichoke are some of my favorites). Sometimes I will make a soup or stew or curry instead.
Snacks- late afternoon sometimes I have an apple with almond butter or a grapefruit. Ocassionally after dinner I will mix coconut milk (sugar free) with frozen berries, peaches, or banana.

I cook in butter, duck fat, coconut oil, or olive oil.

My portions especially for dinner tend to be large and I use butter plentifully. I started exercising 3-4 times a week recently- walking, swimming, sprints, weight lifting. I have a somewhat stressful job but try to use my days off to relax.

I also notice that things feel way worse the two weeks before I menstruate. I feel ravenous, low energy, and grumpy.

Any thoughts on why I might have plateaued so soon? I do also measure myself and those measurements have not budged for the past month either.

Maybe I need to really restrict fruit and carbs for awhile? Maybe I need to have smaller portion sizes? Maybe more walking? Thoughts?

Thanks!