Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe I just ate a cupcake... page

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member

I can't believe I just ate a cupcake...

I've been pretty Primal for about 5 weeks now with awesome results. I honestly have not had a bite of grains or processed sugar for 3 weeks. I went to a birthday party today, and for some stupid reason, I decided I would allow myself a cupcake. Now I literally feel like I'm going to puke, and my heart is racing. Arrrrgggg! So frustrated with myself! I know we all slip up every once and a while, but how do you kind of forgive yourself and move on? I feel like I've undone all the work I did the past few weeks.

I ate a few tbsp of coconut oil about 15 min after the cupcake. I know it's probably wishful thinking, but will that reduce the insulin impact *somewhat*?

Thanks everyone...

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    don't sweat it. Seriously, the stress will do you as much harm as the sugar. Your body will deal with it. Continue on as normal. Keep your carbs down for the rest of the day. Caveat being that I'm new to primal/low carb, but we're talking daily habits and staple foods. It's only an issue if you're fantasizing about having cake all day tomorrow.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Just remember this feeling- both the physical and the emotional. Remember it next time you're tempted. That's how I get through. I use my slips as learning experiences.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Back on the horse!

Perhaps have a planned cheat meal when you stay on the horse for a good amount of time. It's like when I used to work at a wal-mart and if we went a month without any injuries we got a pizza party. Never did get that pizza party *grumble*. Pizza would be a good planned slip-up, probably not massive amounts of sugar for the whole feeling sick thing. I actually planned my one month on-the-horse cheat when I first gave up all junk and after a month was over I no longer wanted one. Haven't eaten junk since.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

oyezoyez is offline Junior Member
    80% rule. Don't sweat it.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    seriously. its not that big of a deal. don't sweat it.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    No problem at all. Yesterday I was to a birthday party, too ... I did some fasting the day before in order to compensate in advance, then ate plenty of non-primal stuff at the party. The party lasted from noon to 6 p.m., and I simply went back to fasting for the remainder of the day, and am still on it now (20 hours later).

Even if you didn't do all that ... relax, it's just a cupcake. Let's assume it has 500 calories. Even if they all went "straight to your hips", we're talking about 50g of fat at the most. You can easily make up for that by simply continuing your primal diet - it will probably set you back half a day at the most.

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    Thanks everyone...definitely feeling better mentally, but still sick from cupcake physically

mstrudle is offline Member
    I just had an almond butter and blueberry jam sandwich on Borodinsky bread. It was delicious. Worrying about the cupcake will do more harm than the cupcake itself ever will.

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I ate so much crap this weekend. I can't stress about it though otherwise I'll probably end up eating more. Therefore; tomorrow is a fast day and then MEAT ONLY for Tuesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast