Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I may sound naive but.... page

goinggrok is offline Senior Member

I may sound naive but....

Shop Now
    Hi all, I am looking for just a bit of insight...

I have been faithful to primal for the last week 1/2 after a long fall off the wagon gig. The first week I dropped 5 lbs
    Yaa...so on the weekend I walked Sat, went snowshoeing for 2 hrs on Sun, walked again on Monday. Since Sat I haven't dropped a lb but still being 97% faithful to this WOE.

Does the exercise have something to do with it. Am I missing something? Yes I am doing this for health and next for weightloss (gained 8 lbs) still needing to drop more weight but am not being diehard about it, slow is ok.

Thanks!!!

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    It's 10 days, give it time...
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Stay off your scale for a few weeks. Stress doesn't help with the weightloss. Relax. Eat clean foods. Exercise some.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Plus, a bunch of the early weight loss is water weight when you lower your carb intake. Fat loss is generally slow and gradual.

Those numbers also sound pretty small. When I worked in a factory doing manual work I used to lose 6lb of water weight every day between lunch and afternoon tea.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Keep doing what you're doing and stay on the wagon. I agree about keeping off the scales. Mine broke 2 months ago and even though I get the itch to get on them, I've never been more relaxed about my body. And when I DID manage to weigh myself at a friend's place, I was pleasantly surprised that all was good and dandy!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    it hasn't been very long.
    But 97% faithful? Might be not enough for you.
    But def give it more time.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Stay off your scale for a few weeks. Stress doesn't help with the weightloss. Relax. Eat clean foods. Exercise some.
    Wise advice. I would add: eat only until your full, and never eat unless your hungry. You may be surprised at how little you can eat and be satisfies if you're eating primaly. But, this can be sabotaged if you eat out of habit, boredom, etc...

Thank you for the great support and kind words.
    I usually only eat two meals a day, breaky and dinner.
    yesterday I made almond flour banana/pumpkin muffins...I have had two yesterday and today.
    I am not going to fall off the wagon, I do enjoy this much more than crap food.
    How soon did some of you notice a difference in your body shape?
    Thanks again!

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    I lost 45lbs in about 4 months. The change became noticeable around the 1 month mark. And be careful with the nuts and nut flours, they are great but very energy dense. Fill up on vegetables. Round it out with clean animal products.

Quote Originally Posted by GKL View Post
    I lost 45lbs in about 4 months. The change became noticeable around the 1 month mark. And be careful with the nuts and nut flours, they are great but very energy dense. Fill up on vegetables. Round it out with clean animal products.
    I am sorry can you explain energy dense? ty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast