Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I may sound naive but.... page 2

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think GKL means calorie dense. High in calories.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goinggrok View Post
    Hi all, I am looking for just a bit of insight...

I have been faithful to primal for the last week 1/2 after a long fall off the wagon gig. The first week I dropped 5 lbs
    Yaa...so on the weekend I walked Sat, went snowshoeing for 2 hrs on Sun, walked again on Monday. Since Sat I haven't dropped a lb but still being 97% faithful to this WOE.

Does the exercise have something to do with it. Am I missing something? Yes I am doing this for health and next for weightloss (gained 8 lbs) still needing to drop more weight but am not being diehard about it, slow is ok.

Thanks!!!
    The first week it's all water weight. After that, I've noticed there is a lag time of up to 2 weeks. Strict dieting, wait 2 weeks and finally I notice the weight has gone. Overeating, wait 2 weeks and I notice the weight gain. So if I strict diet, get frustrated and overeat, sometimes I will start to believe I can eat lots of treats and not gain weight because the lag time fools me. Give yourself some time. Your lag time might be even longer.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Another way of saying energy dense is that nut have a lot of calories in a small package. I k ow that there is a raging debate about counting calories, calories "counting" or "not counting" and so forth, but I think calories count to some degree. Mark had a recent post saying as much.

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Stay off your scale for a few weeks. Stress doesn't help with the weightloss. Relax. Eat clean foods. Exercise some.
    This. Scales only tell you so much. They neglect a lot of information. How much water you're retaining, posture, food still in your system, muscle:fat ratio, etc... I find people tend to do better with weight loss when they use photographs on a timely basis (monthly or weekly).

I lost a lot of water weight when I started, and it was quick. That could be what you experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by GKL View Post
    Another way of saying energy dense is that nut have a lot of calories in a small package. I k ow that there is a raging debate about counting calories, calories "counting" or "not counting" and so forth, but I think calories count to some degree. Mark had a recent post saying as much.
    Mark does mention that calories do matter. It's just that our food choices here tend to lead to more satiety than our friends and family who eat otherwise. It's easier for a lot of us to not count calories because it's rather effortless (Due to eating fewer calories naturally). Unless you have a desire to be very lean, it's really not an issue.
    Last edited by Euphoric; 03-15-2013 at 05:30 AM.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GKL View Post
    I k ow that there is a raging debate about counting calories, calories "counting" or "not counting" and so forth
    No there isn't.

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Think of the journey in Months not days
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    The first week it's all water weight. After that, I've noticed there is a lag time of up to 2 weeks. Strict dieting, wait 2 weeks and finally I notice the weight has gone. Overeating, wait 2 weeks and I notice the weight gain. So if I strict diet, get frustrated and overeat, sometimes I will start to believe I can eat lots of treats and not gain weight because the lag time fools me. Give yourself some time. Your lag time might be even longer.
    Okay, this gives me hope. I lost the first week, but haven't noticed a damned thing since! The scale moves up and down within the same 3lb range, so I'm sure it's just day to day fluctuation. Same with the tape measure. I don't seem to be getting smaller at all by measurement, although I do seem to be gradually tightening the belt I wear day to day (still in my biggest size jeans, but they're annoyingly loose without a belt), so maybe I'm not measuring right.
    Although the lag time would explain why the scale stubbornly refuses to move.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12