Thread: Bingeing page

louisem is offline Member

Bingeing

Primal Fuel
    I have had a very bad few days. I have just binged on chocolate and crackers with butter. I know my mood is very low and I can't seem to care too much about anything. I already feel sick but that doesn't stop me. I need to get back on track but because I have not lost any weight in 8 weeks of doing 90% primal and I think this has affected me too. Any advice please?

Pam916 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisem View Post
    I have had a very bad few days. I have just binged on chocolate and crackers with butter. I know my mood is very low and I can't seem to care too much about anything. I already feel sick but that doesn't stop me. I need to get back on track but because I have not lost any weight in 8 weeks of doing 90% primal and I think this has affected me too. Any advice please?
    I just had a bad weekend myself. So much stress and no weight loss and I kind of said eff it! Feeling down makes us fall off the wagon and then falling off the wagon makes us feel down. Just take a step back and realign your goals. Take small steps to get back on track. So much of everything we do is mind over matter. Get your mind right and the rest will follow. Don't beat yourself up for the slip - we are all human and it is going to happen again.

Good luck!!

Thank you Pam916 but I think I have a problem trying to get my mind straight. I don't want to go down the road of taking medication so I have to come up with something else. I drank too much over the weekend so I know that has a lot to do with my mood too. I am going to do my best to get back on track though.

jfrendek is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest doing low carb paleo. It's the only way I could stop binge eating. Being in ketosis will stop almost all cravings.

Pam916 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisem View Post
    Thank you Pam916 but I think I have a problem trying to get my mind straight. I don't want to go down the road of taking medication so I have to come up with something else. I drank too much over the weekend so I know that has a lot to do with my mood too. I am going to do my best to get back on track though.
    I am anti-meds if possible myself and it is certainly easier said then done to just start being happy. I hope you find the answer soon.

Thank you again. I know I have to start believing in myself and what I can do but as you said, easier said than done!

Yes I agree with you jfrendek and I know that when I go low carb it def helps with cravings. I think I binged as a way of self-harming and I need to recognise this and overcome the urge to do this.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Louise,

I have a binge eating disorder that I am finally getting under control. Please come check out our Nutritional Ketosis (LCHF) thread:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77549.html

Hi Pebbles67
    I have just had a quick look but am waiting for Marks book to arrive. I will read that first and see how I get on. Thanks for info though. At the moment I am so tired that I can barely work out my stats. I will check it out more when I'm feeling better.