Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Plateau Discussion page 3

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Your 10 oz ribeye is 800 calories, assuming you trim the edge fat. Holy mackerel. Try london broil, maybe....what did you cook your eggs in? and how much grease is on that soup?

Also, I'm betting that there is a ton of "hidden eating" going on, that bite or two of stuff that you don't even realize you are eating and certainly don't count.

Get off your butt and move. At one time, I worked in a nursing home where essentially immobile people were fed through tubes. They gained weight on 700 calories of ensure a day. Most overweight people I know vastly overestimate their activity, because it takes so much for them to move.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    And for crying out loud, quit the diet soda!

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    based on myfitnesspal my average caloric intake for the last three weeks is 2090. that doesnt seem off base to me. my eggs are always in cast iron skillet seasoned from years of olive oil. i seldom add any.

As i said, i just have an expectation of losing 1-2 pounds a week and im not, and wanted input. Based on your replies your perception is that I must be a gluttonous asshat that sits on the couch playing video games all day. This isnt true but to summarize what i am looking at starting tomorrow,

im going to cut out diet soda/sweet potatoes/nuts entirely and cut down on my portion size of dinner a bit. I will try to lift a couple times this week, but it will likely replace at least one of my days of play. i work at my school from 7am-8pm (day and night school) with a break for an hour at 4-5 which is when i get a quick 18 of disc in usually.
    I get home around 9 and usually walk and cook the next days breakfast and lunch.

anyway, thanks for the input ladies and gents.

Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    And for crying out loud, quit the diet soda!
    it is the only thing in my daily intake i truly love. makes it hard

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    gluttonous asshat that sits on the couch playing video games all day.
    I did kind of sound that way didn't it?

Giving up diet soda is for the greater good! You can do it. Replace it with water.

Don't go too crazy cutting calories, if you are truly eating 2000 a day, that should lead to the weightloss you desire. Don't get much below 1800 for now, but eventually you may have to.

Also, try to get some labs drawn, especially thyroid, otherwise you could be spinning your wheels for nothing.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    it is the only thing in my daily intake i truly love. makes it hard
    Remember that no matter how much you may love some food, it can never love you back.

my biggest problem with any diet is that i dont like anything. i hate vegetables. i dont like chicken. i spend every day not enjoying 75 percent of what i put in my body. i am guessing most of you dont feel that way. so diet soda is what i look forward to at a meal. good for me or not, it gets me through the day.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
    Also, I'm betting that there is a ton of "hidden eating" going on, that bite or two of stuff that you don't even realize you are eating and certainly don't count.

Nothing i eat doesnt get logged. even if i have a piece of gum or a tic tac it is on myfitnesspal

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    my biggest problem with any diet is that i dont like anything. i hate vegetables. i dont like chicken. i spend every day not enjoying 75 percent of what i put in my body. i am guessing most of you dont feel that way. so diet soda is what i look forward to at a meal. good for me or not, it gets me through the day.
    So what did you used to eat when you allowed yourself to eat freely, but there was nothing you liked to eat? I have trouble imagining eating food I don't like.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Check your way of measuring, make sure to use "kilogram" as your measuring unit...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast