Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Plateau Discussion page 2

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How is your sleep and your stress level? Both of those can make you hold on to the weight. I believe anything the body sees as stressful creates fat gain/ won't let go of fat, that can be stress on the outside from your life/lifestyle and inside from what you eat and feel.

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    I have made a conscious effort to get 8 hours of sleep every night for ghosts few months. It's been hard cuz I'm a night owl. Stress is pretty low.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    I felt comfortable with my diet all the way from 220 to 170. I'm not so sure that's good advice.
    What's sufficient for losing weight when one is larger may not be sufficient for losing weight once you hit a certain level. I think your body will stay at a set point unless you change something like eat a little less or lift heavier weight. You've got to change something to break out of a plateau.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

I am just frustrated for the first time since going PB.
    I am almost 280 pounds. in fact i was 278.6 this morning after eating paleo soup and a bunless burger and some nuts all day yesterday. something is wrong and i hate it. i feel like being so overweight still means that i should be able to lose some weight fairly easily if eating appropriately and burning some calories.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    I am almost 280 pounds. in fact i was 278.6 this morning after eating paleo soup and a bunless burger and some nuts all day yesterday. something is wrong and i hate it. i feel like being so overweight still means that i should be able to lose some weight fairly easily if eating appropriately and burning some calories.
    How tall are you? If you say 6'9" I'm going to scream...

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    You're eating nuts and complaining about weight stall? You drink diet soda and complain about weight stall? I'm not sure what you're looking for here.

Are you weighing at the same time every time you weigh? Same day of the week? Getting on the scale every day is worthless. Once a week max. And measurements every two weeks.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    You're eating nuts and complaining about weight stall? You drink diet soda and complain about weight stall? I'm not sure what you're looking for here.

Are you weighing at the same time every time you weigh? Same day of the week? Getting on the scale every day is worthless. Once a week max. And measurements every two weeks.
    A 280 pound man, otherwise healthy, who is under 6' tall, and not a 'roided up body-builder, should be easily able to lose 3-5lbs/week for several months or until he is down to about 200lbs or so before hitting a serious stall.

I should think if said man in example above counted his calories and kept them between 1500-1800 while adhering to PB principals with absolutely no refined flour of any kind, no vegetable oils, and no refined sugars or sweeteners, and was not losing weight at a slow and steady rate, that something is seriously wrong.

I would recommend getting a complete physical with bloodwork to check things like Vit D, cholesterol, trigs, FBG, and thyroid.

A stall so early in the game means 1 of 2 things: serious metabolic disturbance or not being serious about diet

In this case, I would not recommend much strenuous exercise, walking and basic flexibility only, until stall is reversed and weight is once again moving in right direction.

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    Less food, no junk, more movement, lift for gods sake......and no nuts. They aren't a source of protein and they are highly calorie dense. I doubt that you are eating as little as you say you are. Don't add fat. There's enough in the eggs, chicken and steak.

I am 5'10. today was an average day. i had two eggs with onions and mushrooms for breakfast. For lunch i ate 12 oz cup of homemade soup, which was chicken, sausage, carrots, celery, mushrooms and a little spinach in homemade low sodium broth.
    For dinner tonight i plan to eat a 9-10 oz grass fed ribeye and some veggies. i normally would uct up a quarter of a sweet potato and cook in oven in a little olive oil but i am avoiding that now.
    the only way this general intake level is ever different is sometimes when in a rush i eat almonds/walnut mix for a snack. They are the 100 calorie packs, so small portion.
    i understand that having a few nuts and drinking diet soda is a no no, but I have one soda a day at most, and the nuts are maybe three times a week. i dunno, this just seems wrong. as overweight as i still i am expected to be losing weight moderately quickly still

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    You can drink as much diet coke, coffee or tea as you like, but for your food you need to systematically control your portions or calories! If not it will only be guessing at best...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast