Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Butter and weight loss page 3

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrz View Post
    i am trying to lose weight, should i eat less butter?
    I go crazy with the butter. Meat cooked in butter, vegis cooked in butter, butter cooked in butter. And lose weight regardless.

The fact is if you don't get calories from butter you need calories from something else. A person only needs so much protein, carbs are the enemy for weightloss, so that leaves butter. Enjoy.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I eat a stupid amount of butter. I feel better when I am completely dairy free, but I always go back to eating butter.
    You can get some expensive grass-fed butter and boil it down to remove the dairy; to make super-butter. That's what I do.

Also to the people who say butter doesn't have anything useful in it, it does. Good grass-fed butter has K2 and probably a lot of other awesome stuff we have not yet quantified. Basically butter rules. Although coconut oil is pretty fantastic too.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Butter and other oils and fats are fine and great, I am however against the idea of gratuitously adding butter to everything for the sake of eating more fat.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrz View Post
    Allright. Thanks for the responses everyone! I decided to use a little butter to cook ( mostly eggs for breakfast), and see how it goes. i will count my calories for a few weeks and adjust the cuantity.
    If you are ditching grains and going relatively low carb, you need to up your fat intake to replace the lost energy.
    Making your body have to convert protein to usable energy is not where you want to be.,

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Butter makes the vitamins in vegetables more bioavailable.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123