Thread: iFast page

alg2435 is offline Senior Member

iFast

Primal Fuel
    Tired of looking a little pudgy, it's time to get disciplined. Time for an eating schedule that doesn't let me reach for food whenever I want it. Also, I want to limit the sugar, so only berries (no fruit or honey).

Just now I had a lunch of celery, olive oil, vinegar, and an avocado (after a rather large breakfast) - and the fasting begins! I won't eat again until 7 am tomorrow.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    How often do you plan on doing this? If you plan to do it frequently, according to what criteria will you be tracking your progress?

I normally do a 5/19 program where I eat between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm, breaking the fast with a snack and then having a meal a bit later. I lost 8 pounds the first 7 days, which was totally unexpected, then my weight became stable. Since then I've taken a break from the scale and am going by the mirror and the measuring tape. I am getting visibly leaner and my size is creeping down.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 03-11-2013 at 11:26 AM.

eKatherine: I'm not really following a certain criteria, but I'm going to try to have at least a 14 hour break between eating. Some days I may eat a couple meals but then continue with the fasting the next day. I'll track my progress by how my clothes fit. So good to hear that it's working for you! I think it'll also save my time (I spend at least an hour cooking and eating each meal) and make room in my brain to think of better things than obsessing over food (which I'm prone to do).

So, I broke my fast this morning at about 6 a.m - that's about 16 hrs. I ate a whole lot of meat from a soup bone, broccoli cooked in bone broth, frozen strawberries and light () coconut milk, celery, and quite a bit of extra virgin olive oil. I won't eat until tomorrow morning, so it'll probably be a 24+ hr fast.
    Last edited by alg2435; 03-12-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Punctuation error

Okay, I did eat dinner. Zucchini, avocado, beef, onion soup, blueberries, and olive oil. It had been 12 hours, and I was too hungry to wait another 12. Let's see how far I can get tomorrow, though!

14 hours this time! Breakfast at 10 am - avocado and an orange (yeah, and I said I wasn't going to be eating fruit. Oh well...) with extra virgin olive oil, sweet potato with coconut oil, soup made with radishes, brussel sprouts, beef stock, and beef off the bone. Going to try to make it overnight this time!

Again, I didn't make it! About 11 hrs. I think I should just let myself feel hungry - it can't be too bad! I was just afraid I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    14 hours this time! Breakfast at 10 am - avocado and an orange (yeah, and I said I wasn't going to be eating fruit. Oh well...) with extra virgin olive oil, sweet potato with coconut oil, soup made with radishes, brussel sprouts, beef stock, and beef off the bone. Going to try to make it overnight this time!
    I've been eating fruit every day. Citrus tastes really good to me now.

Have you been to the Fast-5 website? There's a free e-book you can download that has tips on how to adjust to fasting.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 03-13-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Thank you, eKatherine! It's just that I want to minimize my sugar intake. It makes me hungry faster, so I try to keep it really low - even though fruit is really delicious. Thanks! I love free! I'll download it - should help, I could definitely use some tips on how to start being able to ignore the hunger!

22 hours this time! Look at me go! Turnip, broccoli, lard, olive oil, grass-fed beef, avocado, and some persimmon!

It's getting easier and easier. I did a couple 14-16 hour fasts during the weekend. But did eat a lot too, just with long breaks between the days - so I may have even gained weight. I just ate about 1000 calories worth of pastured pork, broccoli, onion, bone broth, and extra virgin olive oil. Probably going to eat a tbs or two of coconut oil (didn't get enough fat), then not eat again for the rest of the day.