Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My food is too good!!!! how can i ever go back? page

quelsen is offline Senior Member

My food is too good!!!! how can i ever go back?

Primal Fuel
    OK not that I would want to however after two years of my "fad" diet, i just cannot ever see myself going back to the way I used to eat. Strangely enough my WOE before was not horrible, i have just gotten better at pretty much everything.

some days random thoughts of old school food come in my head and about once a year i will attempt to replicate said experience, however after so much FAIL i now know it is better for me to re-invent whatever it is.

does anyone else have a food they used to love that they now know they would be sadly disappointed with if they had it now.

for instance, cinnamon rolls. they used to be a good goodness. Now i cant imagine how i ever really liked those _ ok unfair as i gave up wheat two years ago and it doesnt really help the issue. but today i prefer what we call ginger muffins. Cinnamon, ginger saffron, clove and the standard coconut/lacuna flour muffin mix ( my standard = my chicka's secret recipe, LOL )

Chilli, Lasagne, Curry... all of them ruined by the need to rebuild them from scratch.

DAMN MY LIFE!!!!
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal made me love chili, personally. Once I realized it didn't have to have beans in it, I was much more willing to embrace it, and now I make it once a month. :P

I do miss lasagna a little, I was thinking about trying to make it with zucchini.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I've had a number of old "favorites" that just don't seem as satisfying anymore. I actually enjoy a baked sweet potato with coconut oil & cinnamon more than any sweet pastry, though I only seem to crave the pastries! Pizza is not as fulfilling or tasty as I once perceived it to be. There are some small things, like pfefferneuse, that do not lose their amazing flavor, but those are pretty compact treats to begin with, so perhaps that's why.

Food with flour mostly tastes like flour to me. Eating bread, I get distracted by the smell of it, which I don't find appealing anymore. Sourdough bread still smells amazing to me though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

depends on your needs zucs can work but....

eggplant... slice, salt, wait, rinse, par bake to dry.

perfection, do not over salt the dish.

salting the eggplant draws out the water intil they are pretty much hockypucks. you can do it the morning before work and rinse when you get home.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Mmm eggplant lasagna. =)

I agree the bread aisle at the store smells kind of off putting to me now. o.o I am finally at a point in my life where I am not compulsively hungering for bread, and i find it bad-smelly instead of yum smelly. I am not sure if it is the flour or a yeast smell maybe?

I would love to get my hands on a good greek or italian sourdough actually from greece or italy though. *daydreams*

June68 is offline Senior Member
    yeah, at first I missed not having oreos or other cookies, but now I can't imagine eating them. I used to have Biscoffs (the Delta Airlines spice cookies) or a Scottish butter cookie every day with my morning coffee. Now I don't miss them. I think all I would taste would be the chemicals. I'm not inclined to try.

Had some skinless, boneless chicken breast the other day...we felt like we should use them up, they've been in the freezer for months. Bleah. What tasteless stuff that is. and to think, we ate it 5 days a week. Ugh. No more.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Biscoff, I used to beg for extras. Women rarely can deny me anything so i could get the equivalent of a box each flight.

Damn those used to taste great.

chicken LOL

dont make me chicken, you wouldnt like me when im chicken.

chicken makes me hungry. i love dark meat ( no white any more) but i still need a steak to wash it down, so what is the point

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

otzi Guest
    Hey, Quelsen! There's a bunch of women in a cave wondering where you've been--better go say HI.

As to your topic, I used to be a huge bread man. I ate probably 8-10 slices a day in various forms. What I take great delight in now is eating at a restaurant and piling up all the bread that comes with my order and marveling that I used to eat it all and more. We ate at IHOP the other day. My omelet was accompanied by 4 pieces of toast and 2 pancakes--it felt really good seeing them still there when I left!

The only remnant of my old life I feel the need to re-invent from time-to-time is ice cream. Lately, I've been mushing a really ripe banana in a bowl and stirring in a scoop of baking cocoa and a handful of frozen blueberries--a pretty decent substitute.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Eggplant Parmesan is yummy, and I imagine except for frying up the eggplant covered in bread crumbs prior to assembly, a lot like eggplant lasagna.

I think the biggest thing I missed originally was fried squid and fried clams. As I get more adept at understanding the different non-wheat flours and the different smoke points of oils and fats, I'm able to almost approximate the crispiness of those.

I usually only take the time to make lasagna for Christmas, and last year I skipped it. But I would make it once a year and not worry.

Bread stuffs. Sourdough and bagels. I miss those. But I'm thinking that bagels would taste weird now. The doughy chewy aspect would be odd.

I used to love fat free vanilla flavored Coffeemate. Yikes! I'm sure that would taste like some nasty candy now. Also, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - I can't even imagine what that would taste like.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I always think pizza is going to be "to die for" when I cheat and it generally sucks and I'm like ^I&^I&^ I would have rather had steak.

The one "cheat" food that always is worth it is a real cheeseburger on a bun.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast