Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My food is too good!!!! how can i ever go back? page 4

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i wish i felt the way you mention. I want pizza more now than ever.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    I eat pizza a couple times a year without guilt. Here's how - just eat the toppings! Throw the crust in the trash. With the exception of some sugar in the sauce, the toppings are generally perfectly primal.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    OK someone who is perhaps less right wing on the subject than I am can opine

what the hell happened to peanuts?

i remember loving them. truly a love affair to last all ages.

in the year 2 AP* i grabbed a scant handful of peanuts, pop them in the mouth, chew. SPIT OUT.... WTF... where they always that horrid or has something major happened in the last 2 years?

*Anno Primus
    I ate some peanuts the other day. They weren't bad. I needed them for a Thai recipe. I've never thought peanut butter was as good as almond butter.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I call it a cheezza: cook up toppings in a skillet. Turn off heat, add mozzarella and any spices, serve on plate. You can't pick it up comfortably, but it's yummy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Pizza seems to be the thing many primals miss, I know it's the thing hubby missed, i could take it or leave it. We finally found the best recipe: Easy Gluten Free Pizza Crust | Your Lighter Side

She recommends using only white meat but I found that I can use a combination if I use the meat from making chicken bone broth. I drain the meat really well and it works fine. I even used some left over pork once. The key is the meat has to be really dry. Another thing I do is make a lot at a time and freeze the chicken/cheese mixture in zip locks so it's ready for a quick meal.

Now that I've been eating this way for over 3 yrs there really isn't anything that I miss. I agree with Quelson my food is so good, there's nothing I miss.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, there's very little I truly miss. I used to think I missed Little Caesar's, then I realized that, if I'm not cut your throat out starving, it doesn't taste very good. My upside down pizza is better. I miss sopa, but I'm willing to bet I can make it with spag squash if I can steal the recipe from MIL. I do occasionally indulge in her flautas (completely made from scratch, tortillas, meat, and all.) I prefer zuke or primavera lasagana to the "real" thing. I never cared for fried food.
    I don't miss the overfull feeling of grains. I don't miss the pain of sugar and wheat.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    Stick with it. There will come a time when walking by your favorite pizza place doesn't even smell good. Really. Trust me it will happen.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I eat pizza a couple times a year without guilt. Here's how - just eat the toppings! Throw the crust in the trash. With the exception of some sugar in the sauce, the toppings are generally perfectly primal.
    Yes quite! Most people think it is obvious to throw away the box when you get a delivery pizza... throwing away the dough crust is barely any more radical... is it?

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    Yes quite! Most people think it is obvious to throw away the box when you get a delivery pizza... throwing away the dough crust is barely any more radical... is it?
    About the same nutrition in cardboard as in the crust.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234