Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My food is too good!!!! how can i ever go back? page 3

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but IHOP puts their pancake batter into their eggs to make their omelets fluffier.
    That is why I never order omelet or scrambled egg when dining out, I only go for poached egg. I'm convinced that most places add flour to the egg mixture, because, well, it's obvious...

So I only eat scrambled/omelet at home when I can make it myself.

As for what I miss, I'm not sure anymore. But I've noticed my taste-buds are now very happy with food in it's natural tasting form. Meat baked/roasted/barbequed in heavy sauces make me queasy and do nothing for me now. Anything wheat-based makes me bloated for a couple of days, and my tolerance for "sweet" has dropped greatly.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I still love me a good Italian pasta dish. I don't crave it or pizza though, and even when I decide "todays a cheat day" I frequently just end up eating a bunch of primal food. Then I wonder how I can even call that a cheat day. Yeah, I don't go running for the pasta soon as the chance comes up anymore.

Paleobird Guest
    Going Primal has completely ruined takeout Chinese food for me. Now I can smell the nasty oils it's cooked with and it makes me want to gag.

Oh, well. It's a good thing I know how to cook.

Croak is offline Senior Member
    A year and a half later and 100 pounds lighter on a PB WOE, I don't stress much about "cheating" because like many others here posted, going back and trying SAD staples these days is just, well, sad.

Not saddening because there's water weight gain, or because I'm feeling guilty for straying. It's sad because that shit I used to love and live on (to excess) just ain't that great.

It's a dietary equivalent to the old saying "You can never go home."

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have made dumpling dough by putting cooked white rice and sweet rice (cooked a little soft) through the food processor with enough white rice flour to make the dough easy to handle. You might want to play with this.
    Sounds interesting. I do not have a food processor... to be honest I figure if I really wanted pel'meni, I'd just make them with wheat flour, but in a small quantity, like a 100 of them or so, so a family eats it in one sitting.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I still enjoy eating out. I love to go out for sushi. I went to a French restaurant recently and had the filet mignon and a quail. The quail was so good, I bought some at the farmer's market and made it myself! I guess Mexican food is ruined for me, though. And any place that thinks they can charge a couple dollars extra for salmon on your salad and they give you a little bit of salmon crumbles rather than an actual piece of salmon makes me outraged.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Going Primal has completely ruined takeout Chinese food for me. Now I can smell the nasty oils it's cooked with and it makes me want to gag.

Oh, well. It's a good thing I know how to cook.
    I much prefer my own cooking to going out. I do like to go out for sushi, too, like sbhikes. Primal does change your palate. The only thing I really miss is nachos and once or twice a year I will eat them (homemade, of course).

I used to binge on candy like peanut m&ms and snickers and now have no desire to ever eat candy ever again. Ice cream... I indulge in Haagen Daz every once in awhile. I've made some really good primal chocolate chip cookies.

I am such a food snob, now, though. It's all about quality.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    +1 Not just for Chinese food, but for ALL outside food. With possibly the exception of the $$$ and $$$$'s on yelp.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    A bit of a side-bar, but...

I've always loathed Chinese food. It's forever been my least favorite ethnic cuisine. So, the taste for it hasn't changed much!

However, I now travel to China 3-4 times per year for anywhere from 2-4 weeks at a time. I end up losing weight because of how much I hate the food there! The worst part is that I don't mind some dishes (rice, grilled rabbit leg, rice noodles with pork) but my Chinese coworkers will always buy us American fast-food (McDonald's, Subway, Papa John's pizza, KFC, Pizza Hut) for lunch, thinking we'd like that. I'd take Chinese food over American fast-food in China! Yuck!

That's why I lose weight there!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    OK someone who is perhaps less right wing on the subject than I am can opine

what the hell happened to peanuts?

i remember loving them. truly a love affair to last all ages.

in the year 2 AP* i grabbed a scant handful of peanuts, pop them in the mouth, chew. SPIT OUT.... WTF... where they always that horrid or has something major happened in the last 2 years?

*Anno Primus
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast